Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
I did not post the remark in the first place. Someone else did and I was just asking for clarification of any unwritten rule we may need to b

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
To be aware of. Still learning my way around.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #31

Since you are new, we can't tell you about the unwritten rules. 'Cause we never wrote them down. And some of us are quite forgetful. But we'll let you know when you violate one and come down on you hard!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Whether you are a new poster or a vintage poster it is always about the condition of your post. Is that in keeping with the topic of the thread?
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I just noticed that the person has posted a lot in such a short time. Most new comers don't post so much in such a short time. Actually even those that have been around awhile still don't post a lot in such a short time.
Not meant to mean anything other than "gee you are posting a lot for someone so new" nothing bad meant by it, just observation.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Loved the 1989 Avion 34v we had. Nothing on the market today is built like the silver Avions. But since we are planning to full time in the RV, we needed more room.

Ken
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
LaZy507 for someone that just joined up less than a month ago you sure have been posting a lot.

But onto the question of older RV's. Most parks do not want RV's that have cardboard in place of windows or window AC's and garbage that has just been sitting there drawing in wild animals so the parks make rules of no RV's over 10 yrs or 15 yrs but most will do a case by case question to make sure they keep out the ones that are so run down that they are a hazard to themselves and everyone around them. Some parks have the 10 or 15 yr old rule and stick to it no matter what. What they are doing is trying to keep the ones that make more money for the parks coming back year after year. The ones that bring in more money are the ones that stay for just a night or 2 for $30 to $60 a night instead of just a few hundred for a monthly. And if you have RV's that are well not so nice looking then less and less want to stay there and the park loses money.
The all mighty dollar strikes again! I'll bet the OP's money is exactly the same colour as mine.

To the OP: you would be welcome to camp next to me regardless of what your RV looks like, whether it is road worthy or not, and whether you are a 'slob' or not. I wouldn't judge you by the year, make, model or how your RV looks. We accept people for who they are, simple as that.
"What other people think of me is none of my business"...a good thing to remind ourselves of.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Listen...this is no different that Sticks N Bricks or people for that matter. Do you want to live next door to or associate with a slob? What I think was being said, and what I would certainly say for MYSELF is this. You (house, MH, peronal appearance) can be old and weather worn without being a slob. OTOH, if you choose to be a slob (not saying you personally are) then I'm not going to be happy next to you.
Funnily enough, we live right next door to a very special old lady who is considered to be a 'slob'. Her yard and home is...well, let's say 'eclectic'. She has been featured on 'Weird Homes' television show. She is an 'artist'. She says most people hate her. We tell her that is because they don't know her. She dresses sloppily, if you saw her you would likely call her a slob. You would think her yard was 'messy'. But if you knew her, you might be very glad that you did, as we are. We just call her 'special' and 'different'.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjim View Post
There is a difference between an older "vintage" motor home and a old run down, needing a bath pile of rubble. How many times have you seen an old motor home or trailer that you thought, "Man that really needs to be washed".

My Mom use to say "There is nothing to be ashamed of for being poor, but you don't have to be dirty, soap is cheap".
My mom used to say "don't judge people until you've walked a mile in their shoes". She also said "if you spend too much time criticizing people, you won't have time to love them". Yeah, I know, mushy mushy. But she did have a good point, I think, now that I have grown up.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jablair View Post
If 'ugly' is your choice so be it. But then you would deny all other the choice not to have to see your 'ugly'. More specifically you would deny the park owner their choice not to accept 'ugly' RVs.
As already stated it is not simply a question of age or how old but how well maintained. The owner where I work camp wants to see all RV older than 12 years before approving long term stay. The reason is simple enough. 'junk' attracts 'junk'. The proof it the park two miles away. It looks like a dump yard. We have had people which have went there paid for a month and came to us within a week even though they could not get a refund on their rent at that park. They simply did not feel safe or comfortable there.
Now if the 20 or 25 year old RV looks clean and well maintained then they are allowed to stay monthly at this park.
Trust me on this: you cannot feel safe to the RV next to you just because it is new and clean. And if you feel unsafe next to an older RV that is not well maintained to your standards, you might want to meet the people inside it before you become so nervous that you want a refund on your spot. Of course if you don't like it, perhaps you could move to another spot in between and amongst the newer models. Or, just book into those elite parks where any RV older than 15 years is denied the privilege to camp there.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsong3 View Post
To be aware of. Still learning my way around.
Welcome
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
I just noticed that the person has posted a lot in such a short time. Most new comers don't post so much in such a short time. Actually even those that have been around awhile still don't post a lot in such a short time.
Not meant to mean anything other than "gee you are posting a lot for someone so new" nothing bad meant by it, just observation.
We are not like the others. LOL
Why you would post that observation here, baffles me...
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #41

We have an older coach in very good condition, but I have a DH who is very particular about how his things are taken care of, and how they look. He may make a comment about a coach with cardboard in the windows, or dirt all over, but all our coaches have been dirty at some point, before they were washed. Like someone else said though, it's the old judge a book by it's cover idea.

We have friends with a 1942 vintage bus, and an older Prevost. They are really cool people
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #42
laj

I haven't seen anyone say anything about safety. It's all about the view out the window or the view while walking around the cg. Could say way more but will refrain,,,,, for now

Tags
rvs