Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #71

Guess, you got me there,
When they told me it was ugly and they wouldnt be caught dead in it, is when i came up with that.
hope that helps, good eye
LaZy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
someone said a statement that included the word slob and snob in it and now my mind is churning... I'm thinking eventually a poem will pop out....
These threads about slobs and snobs perennially pop up.
But I have nothing to add... although I drive a nice little old out of date Honey with my honeybunch. Hope we see some Irv2 ers out at Yellowstone this summer!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #73

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our DSDP is now 11 years old and actually almost 12 model years. People think it's brand new because it's been kept up. Now I need to go knock the moss off it and get it polished up for the year. Would I like a new 43' DSDP? Well, yes, but since out old rig does everything we need/want why spend the money? It's not a matter of money either as our income, even after we retire, will be very healthy.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #74

Most do not frown.
I dont. I owned some.
Some may frown.
It does not matter.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #75

I've read through a lot of the Vintage and other threads just to see what kind of upgrades people have done. I find it quite interesting the level of knowledge and expertise that people have when working on their rigs. So you won't get a nose in the air from this person. More along the lines of that is "cool" or "awesome". Keep up the great work on all of it.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #76

Matter of fact, we are in Bullhead City AZ, and have never seen so many vintage rigs before! They run, they are so nicely retro-unique, and the folks are having fun!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Matter of fact, we are in Bullhead City AZ, and have never seen so many vintage rigs before! They run, they are so nicely retro-unique, and the folks are having fun!
Bullhead City is a cool place. If I remember correctly it's right across the river from Laughlin. I used to drive up that way from Yuma quite often when I was stationed there. Love the desert SW.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #78

All in all, new or old, any rv can look great or like refuse...but, it isn't a matter of condition all of the time. We have seen and encountered rule of no-older-than 10 yrs-old at some of the camp grounds we were planning to stay overnight. Either by checking out their site and calling, even with offered pictures of the coach or whatever, the answer was 'no".
Does this 1985 Barth Royal Class A look the part? This is what ours looks like.

You tell me-

We like "old" because we can work on them, they are dependable, and mostly, they are affordable.
Roadgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #79

Wow must have been doing some deep diving to find this 7 year old thread. You unit looks nice for an 85. Many campgrounds have rules, their park their rules, and don’t want to start giving exceptions. As you know there is a big difference in a well maintained 20+ year old motorhome and one that looks like it hasn’t been washed in 20 years, has dripping waste valves, has missing storage doors or appliance covers, smokes excessively while going down the road. Just like house omg developments where the HOA sets rules for houses and yards, campgrounds have theirs. If the have rules you don’t agree with find somewhere that works for you. I like state parks, KOA’s as they mostly take everybody.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:47 PM   #80

Thanks for responding...yes-I caught this thread in my perusing this topic since it has directly affected us with the Barth. While we understand why the ratty, nasty and questionable coaches that are still running away from the wrecking yards are banned, I disagree that if the coach in question is maintained and not an eyesore, it couldn't be turned away because of its production year....that strikes of turning us away because we are over 55 and gray haired.

You saw the Barth. There's nothing about it to offend the eye. Now, this being said, we will only go to CGs that accept older units and will check to see what their protocols and rules are. A couple of CGs we've run into were Class A only and no less than 10 years old. Okay-they miss out on our money.

Just my thoughts and two cents since our baby is 35 years old!
Thanks-
Roadgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #81
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I don't judge anyone by the age of their RV!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:49 PM   #82

Jayco Owners Club
And, not to mention, if you pulled into a park with that ole 85 Barth, every other RV'er would be surrounding your rig to talk about it, admire the condition, and be in aw of an older rig in pristine condition!!!!!

I totally agree, that is an amazing looking coach Gypsy!!!!!!!
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs