Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great story. Most of us on this forum are blessed. We can help change thevworld one act of random kindness at a time. Thank your wife for inspiring us to be better people. She has planted many seeds with this one act. I agree she is a keeper.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Hooray for random acts of kindness, when you need help let's hope there is someone as kind nearby.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Wonderful! Everyone at some time in their life, could use a kind gesture! God Bless you!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
That's a great story!

We normally see the couple in front of us talking on a cell phone with a pack of smokes in his/her pocket, using food stamps for groceries and paying cash for beer and more smokes.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
That's a great story!

We normally see the couple in front of us talking on a cell phone with a pack of smokes in his/her pocket, using food stamps for groceries and paying cash for beer and more smokes.
Yes, many eploit those who do great things like this for other things. Had a fellow approach me in a downtown district stating he was hungry and needed money to eat. I offered to walk him down the block to a restaurant and I would pay for the lunch special. He told me to *&^% ^$*, so I did.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
My hat goes off to you both!

First (and most importantly) to your wife for her kindness of heart in acting on this random gift. And secondly to you, for without the relationship you two have created together, and the comfort you have bestowed upon your wife to be able to do this without question from you, this may not have happened.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #21
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
My hat goes off to you both!

First (and most importantly) to your wife for her kindness of heart in acting on this random gift. And secondly to you, for without the relationship you two have created together, and the comfort you have bestowed upon your wife to be able to do this without question from you, this may not have happened.
Well said, and so true. It's the relationships that make life worth living.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #22

Kindness

When my brother and I were being raised by a single parent, we were fortunate to have folks like you help us. Cain, it the bible, asked God, "Am I my brothers keeper?" The answer is Yes! We who are blessed should bless people in their time of need, it won't go un-noticed! It is a shame we have people in this great country living hand to mouth, even on the verge of starvation. "If you want a friend, then be a friend, do not forsake or slack, do you deeds without a thought, someone will pay you back." Three cheers for your wife.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, I would hang on to her! What goes around comes around! We should all hope that we have that same opportunity to help a less fortunate person. Good luck & God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #24

iRV2 No Limits Club
This is not to denigrate the OP's wife's act, but did it ever occur to anyone that the couple may have been scam artists hoping someone would pick up the bill for them? They can put on a pretty convincing act and are not beneath using their children as props for their act. An EBT (bridge card) that "doesn't work" is a common scam. I've seen it too many times. I'll wager if you all had waited long enough, they would have suddenly found some cash they "forgot" they had.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
This is not to denigrate the OP's wife's act, but did it ever occur to anyone that the couple may have been scam artists hoping someone would pick up the bill for them? They can put on a pretty convincing act and are not beneath using their children as props for their act. An EBT (bridge card) that "doesn't work" is a common scam. I've seen it too many times. I'll wager if you all had waited long enough, they would have suddenly found some cash they "forgot" they had.
Yes, you're right. There are lots of those out there. Anyway, her heart was in the right place. Let's just hope this one was legit!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Reminds me of a story of a man and an unrelated woman in an airport.. The clerk had just told her she needed an additional $35.00 for her extra checked bag.. She had no money, since her husband had gone overseas before her leaving her with just enough to cover her needs as she caught up.. The man in line behind her, A tall, well spoken, well dressed gentleman of color, pulled out his wallet and paid the fee for her. She got his name and address and sent him a check soon as her husbnd picked her up overseas.

Oh, that was some years ago.. As for the man who paid the fee, Well he went on his way..He has moved since then though. I can not tell you his old address but I can tell you his current address: 1600 Pennsylvania Av. Washington DC.

Perhaps your wife can move in when he moves out? (Who knows, might be better at the job)

Tell you wife: GOOD JOB. for me, will you.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Thought of that , but based on what they were buying and based on 25 years on a job where we had to "read" people, I believe they were legit. As I said, they had a case of water and some small "lunch" items. There were no cigarettes, pop, candy or chips. The items were such as thing needed to survive.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #28

Your wife is a wonderful person

Your wife is a wonderful person. I'm just sorry to hear that the municipal water system where you are is unsafe to drink. Otherwise someone feeding their family off food stamp money would likely take their empty plastic water bottles to a tap to fill up. But perhaps there was a local disaster that rendered the water supply not potable temporarily.

Warm regards to you and your generous wife,

Michelle

micd is offline   Reply With Quote