Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #15

Don, all is well as long as we open doors for Sandee and Nola.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote: Can I suggest that the wife name be put first?
Good Grief

Old 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Does that mean you wash the dishes? While your wife watches TV.
Yes. Half and half.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #18

I'm more concerned if I have enough Vodka to make it through the weekend.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Yep, my Brother in law was right the whole free world is becoming woosified, unbelievable.
You are right.

Soon there will be no more truck drivers. Computers will drive the trucks, taxis, planes, etc.

Muscles will give less and less advantages. Even droid will fight for us.

But I think it has nothing to do with woosification. It is a simple rule of decorum. In fact we do not say: Me and my friends but we say: My friends and I.

Don't you think it looks macho to put the wife second for a man?

BTW, I have been in the army, I have a business, 5 childrens and I restore our motorhome myself from one end to the other: electricity, plumbing, electronics, mechanic, everything. I don't think my life is woosified. This rule is also for "real men".
Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
Yes. Half and half.

So CARL what's your wife's name, I notice its not in your signature?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
I'm more concerned if I have enough Vodka to make it through the weekend.
You are right. I met Russians and the place of the women in their society is not comparable to North-America. They have a long way to go. Difficult for them to be accepted on the work market.

Good to be here.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #22
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Yeah, I noticed that as well.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Old 06-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
She is so beautiful and sexy. She is my princess. So beautiful it challenge me to be at the top not to loose her interest.

But I am not able to put her name here since I can't write in her name. We are married, we share everything but I am not able to speak for her.

You know, here in Quebec the women always keep their name after marriage. It is not legal to take the man's name. Probably this simple habit changed our way of thinking more than I thought.

In the past here the women were considered minors all their life so the man had to ask the girl's hand to the father because the father was the legal tutor of the girl until another man took the legal tutoring in his hands. But since the women are major like the men now the rules have changed also for the last name. I have always thought it was like that everywhere. I am simply not able to speak in her name even if I tried. You know, it would have been an insult to her if I had ask her hand to her father. She probably would have expect to see my own father to ask for my own hands in return LOL.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
UM...Let me see here...

Is the point of this thread anti sexism or anti American or both?

Sorry but if I went to Quebec and said that all signs there should be English with French secondary I think I would be told to Faites une randonnée pédestre (take a hike) or some other, less friendly suggestion.

Comparing the US to Saudi Arabia or India is a bit over the top.

This thread will be quite interesting as folks wake up.

We would say: "Va donc chier". I suppose in Italy, in Spain they would say the same but in their own language.

I don't see the americans to be picky. All the world is on their back, they are used to it.

I don't think putting the wife's name in second is sexist. This is not the point here. I simply ask about the "decorum" just like "eating with the fork in the right hand". But people give good explanations. I understand more now: mens are not afraid of appearing like "machos" like we do, it is simply not a point. They don't care.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well,

I do the posting here, but honestly never gave a thought to whose name is first and I doubt Patty has either. Jay & Patty rolls off the tongue easier than Patty & Jay. As any American married man will tell you, the ladies let us think we are in charge, but deep down we all know they run the show. We know we would be lost without them.

Offensive? These days I think people look for a reason to be offended so they can be the next media sensation. It's an entire industry these days. Now THAT is offensive.

Frankly I'm a bit offended that you want to change the culture of a country you dont live in. I can say this because my ancestor (Louis Joseph Papineau) was at the forefront of Canadian independence, you folks in French Canada are odd ducks and a bit hoity toity if you ask me, but you don't see Americans asking you to act like us. You also may recall, we threw off the old world 239 years ago.

So here is my answer to your suggestion
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old 06-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
I see many that have in their signature the name of the wife like: Bob and Susan.

Can I suggest that the wife name be put first?

I bought my motorhome last summer and started to travel in USA. I was very surprised to see at campground people having the name of the man before the name of the wife on post sign. I had never saw this before but it was everywhere. I feel this is agressive to the eye.

I did not use elevators in USA but I am sure the men let the women go first like we do. I am sure this is what I see in american movies. I am sure you would not get used to see men running before women in elevators even after a few months.

What do you think of this suggestion?

I am from Quebec, this is a French province. We have a matriarcal society (matriarcal means mother leads vs patriarcal means father leads) and maybe we are too Matriarcal?

If you agree, maybe we could chain emails and posts to inform people of this new camping rule?
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that we put women on pedestals? I love my wife for the 40 years that we've been together, but I'm not about to put her on a pedestal.

I think we have become a very sensitive society these days, and worry about what the grass is like on the other side. The grass will be very green on your own side, if you take care of it, water, and groom it.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have to say I am not surprised at the question, nor am I offended. I have noticed many times, when someone leaves or visits another culture/place, they have questions as to why things are done a certain way and that is fine, we all enjoy learning and have an inquisitive nature...at least I do. As for the request to change the way things are done (for the sake of the way it's done where I come from)...this is our culture...enjoy it and accept it as ours, as I hope others can enjoy and accept your culture without wanting to change it.
Enjoy your travels through the US and enjoy our culture...However, don't base your views of us on movies.......that's entertainment.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
It doesn't matter to the two of us who is 1st in our signature. When I first set it up Ken's name was 1st then about a month or so later I changed it to mine 1st. We both use this account and when posting we add our name at the bottom (most times) so people know who is the one that posted.

cyn

Closed Thread