Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
As long as my name makes the list ... I don't much care about the order.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
Your choice!!
I'm a Real Estate Broker (retired from computer business) and I get a kick out of preparing documents with ladies names first just to watch reaction...
@HHIDan -- Your post caught my eye. I actually made a lender redo all the paper work when we were there to close on our house. They had put Ken's name first as primary and not mine. I was the primary because it was my VA not his. They weren't thrilled when I pointed it out but personally didn't care. Do it right the 1st time. We closed next day with corrected paper work.

cyn
Old 06-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT612 View Post
I have to say I am not surprised at the question, nor am I offended. I have noticed many times, when someone leaves or visits another culture/place, they have questions as to why things are done a certain way and that is fine, we all enjoy learning and have an inquisitive nature...at least I do. As for the request to change the way things are done (for the sake of the way it's done where I come from)...this is our culture...enjoy it and accept it as ours, as I hope others can enjoy and accept your culture without wanting to change it.
Enjoy your travels through the US and enjoy our culture...However, don't base your views of us on movies.......that's entertainment.
Do you suggest that in China, Russia, Cuba, Venezuala, Iran, the thousands of Americans working for ONGs shut their mouth since they are not home? Maybe you wrote too fast???

Their is also hundreds of films made in USA each year that talks about the culture of other countries and many of them are made to criticise. I watched the lastest movie about North Korea.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
As long as my name makes the list ... I don't much care about the order.
Everyone that said it so far are men. And men that put the man's name first.

We should have a vote to see if this new rule is accepted. We should get some details about the voters:

1 - Do you think the woman name should be put in front of the man in emails and on camping sites post: Y / N

Optionnals data
2 - You gender: M / F / Neutral

3 - Your age : 20+ 30+ 40+ 50+ 60+ 70+ 80+ 90+

4 - Your scolarity level: Primary High school University University-graduated

5 - Your nationality: USA(which state?) CANADA-ENGLISH CANADA-FRENCH MEXICO OTHER

Everybody is welcome.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And who is going to enforce your rules?

I think we should vote to make Canada get off the liters and meters and switch to the right way, the USA way!

I do believe some folks just like to argue!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
And who is going to enforce your rules?

I think we should vote to make Canada get off the liters and meters and switch to the right way, the USA way!

I do believe some folks just like to argue!
UFO Pilot, you should know that America is a continent, not a country and that YOU are a citizen of the America just like mexicans and canadians are.
YOU are a United Staters of America and I am a Canadian of America.
Concerning your thinking, did you know that your country USA (the bigger the better) is the only country in the world, or close to, using your old imperial measures !
[moderator edit]
Old 06-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #35

Gulf Streamers Club
Well, part our American culture and heritage is a saying... mind your own darn business.

I would suggest anyone who wants to write "rules" and take polls about his perceptions of right and wrong in the campsite-sign world ponder this.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #36

This thread is going in the wrong direction...
Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #37

As a fellow Canadian I thought long and hard whether I should voice my opinion, but here it goes.
It is nobody's damn business how a couple decides to display their names.
I believe it is time for the moderators to step in and end this before it spins out of control.

John
Old 06-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #38

Really ?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #39

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
As a fellow Canadian I thought long and hard whether I should voice my opinion, but here it goes.
It is nobody's damn business how a couple decides to display their names.
I believe it is time for the moderators to step in and end this before it spins out of control.

John
I agree
Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to agree as well this thread has gone too far afield and does not seem like it's going to get any better.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread