Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #15

Anyone want to bet that prices at the pump will go down substantially in September then raise again in January just like they did during the last election?
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Don't think so. The GOP/oil folks are trying to milk/push & count as much cash in off shore accounts as possible. They see/realize if the DEMS take over it won't be pretty for Wall Street.
Odds say, based on the past 8 years, the GOP/Oil folks know that "this dog won't hunt" anymore.
If I remember correctly, Sept/Oct '08 will be the time frame for winter "fuel oil stocks" forecasting. Bet heating oil is not going down on that. Do you use both heating oil and diesel fuel. Get your piggy bank ready.
Young working class voters will be coming out in record numbers 'cause they (1) don't "Want to get Drafted", and (2) hate the current wages. It's raw out there.
P.S. Just a footnote regarding Monaco and it's real banker.
GE to Stop Providing RV, Watercraft Loans
By BOB SECHLER

General Electric Co.'s consumer-finance unit plans to <span class="ev_code_RED">stop providing loans for the purchase of recreational vehicles </span> and most watercraft, the latest effort by the conglomerate to exit what it considers low-margin businesses.

"It's a challenging time for RV and marine financing," said Cristy Williams, a spokeswoman for GE Money. "We just didn't see the returns that we wanted to see."

GE notified manufacturers late last week it intends to stop providing new consumer loans for such purchases on Aug. 1.

Ms. Williams said GE Money will continue servicing its existing RV and marine loan portfolio, which it values at $3.6 billion. In addition, GE's commercial finance unit will continue to provide financing for dealers to stock inventory.

BB&T Capital Markets analyst John H. Diffendal noted in a report that GE Money is considered the third-largest financing source for RV purchases by consumers, with about 12% of the market.

It's raw out there. DocUSAF
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Doc,

You have not made one statement that can be backed up with proof or even weak evidence. There have been 15 Congressional hearings into "Big Oil" and not ONE negative piece of evidence has emerged.

Gas prices on the wholesale level have dropped at least $0.20 this week or more. They are dropping at the pump daily all over the country (except here in Montana).

Get over the hate.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gas prices on the wholesale level have dropped at least $0.20 this week or more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hamguy, Sorry if you think I hate. I thought we could address/discuss/comment in this forum without parential reprisal. Guess a 0.20 cent drop in gas is proof enough. I don't hate.... But maybe we could ask the 1400 worker at Monaco Corp., who are all going to be without a job before this 17 Sept 08. Maybe they hate, but not me. 15 congressional level hearings, Wowee, that's a lot of hearings' and we accomplished ???.
Sorry, I thought this thread's main question was "will diesel prices go down as fast as they go up". Evidence: any diesel fuel pump in say Montana. I'm enjoying the retirement lifestyle, but should we not be able to voice/question reality.. or just continue Taxation without Representation.
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #19

Diesel prices here in South Central WA and across the river in Biggs Jct and The Dalles OR haven't dropped yet, but I'd be willing to bet that if oil goes back up, the diesel price will RISE.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Doc,

In my book, blaming political parties and businesses without even a shred of evidence cannot be described in any other way.

But, evidence abounds that Ms. Pelosi's absolute refusal to allow a discussion and vote on drilling is a verifiable factor in high prices.

Just the threat of drilling by lifting the Off-Shore ban dropped the price/bbl. Part of that can rightly be ascribed to lower (slightly) demand.

Ms. Pelosi stated that increasing supplies of oil will INCREASE prices showing either a remarkable ignorance of economics or it is blatant political spin.

She has also said that it will take 10 years to get any benefit from drilling. WOW.

When I was diagnosed with cancer, the oncologist said my chosen treatment would take 3-5 years to verify efficacy. Should I have said, "I will wait"? It's is now 10 years and I am now certified CANCER FREE. He has told me that had I waited, I would be DEAD.

BTW, any number of Oil Company execs have stated that they can be pumping from wells in 2-5 years MAX.

Certainly you have the right to say (type) anything you want but you should at least try to be factual.

BTW, (There were three recognized treatments for Prostate Cancer in 1998. Surgical removal, watchful waiting and radio active seed implant). I now have 90 radio active b-b's in my prostate.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote