Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
And it's pretty much stock. I've seen twin turbo LSx ones putting out over 1100 HP.
__________________

__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...

Thank you! Mac users are starting to experience this already.
Ok trying to stay neutral here, but pure unadulterated misinformation needs to be corrected. As a user of MAC, since 1998, two desktops, one laptop and an I-pad. Not one crash, lost file or ever the need to reboot to "clear up problems". I have run a business that required ads, spreadsheets, and accounting. NEVER a glitch, NEVER a a anti-virus program used. Also, NO "cleanups", no bad hard drives.

The reason we "MAC" People don't have these problems has nothing to do with a financial incentive for these bandits to produce this malware. They do it because these windows machines are such junk, that if you don't watch every little thing you do, and don't reboot, and don't spend dollars on "cleanups" they will self destruct themselves. I used MS operating systems since 1983 and once they started Windows, to try and has an operating system close to a Mac, they blew it.

Neither I or any of my fellow MAC USERS have experienced any of these problems, regardless of what some are saying on here. The proof is in the pudding on this site. Look how many "help" threads that are initiated by the PC users, then look at the number started by the MAC USERS.

Sorry to rant, but when I see people making statements that we are to accept as fact when they are grossly inaccurate I feel the need.

Windows 8 will be another source of income that will try and once again convince the windows people to buy another machine, software, anti-virus program, so they may feel that they are getting a step closer to the reliability of a Mac. They are sadly mistaken. All you PC users have only two hopes. Either PC manufacturers keep making machines that will run on XP, or install LINUX.
__________________

__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
You keep believing whatever you want.

Why don't hackers attack mac pcs

"About 1,800,000 results"
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
You keep believing whatever you want.

Why don't hackers attack mac pcs

"About 1,800,000 results"
Yea, about the same number you would have if you google "Santa Claus sightings" Half of those "results" come from anti virus software vendors printing stories that get reprinted by blogs and eventually what some would call the legitimate media.

The fact remains, I never met a pc user that didn't have a crash, a virus, a need to reboot or some other problem. I and every other Mac user I know has never had any of these problems. Even the so- called bullet proof XP system has experienced all of the above. It just doesn't crash as often or come up with as many error messages.

Say what you want, you just got used to running scans, virus software, rebooting, reformatting. It is a way of life to Windows users.
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I knew you would come up with a defense.

Of all PC users, what percent are mac users?
of that percent, how may visit forums?
of that percent, how many visit porn sites?
so we're down to what 1%?
what incentive do hackers, virus and male-ware writers have to go after 1%?
There's a reason they don't go after macs.
It's not that macs are not vulnerable, it's that hackers
don't bother going after the little guy. Sorry.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bluff Dale, TX
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Thank you! Mac users are starting to experience this already.
Davdeb1
So, there was no Mac Defender malware.
AppleCare would not assist in removal or confirm or deny malware was even present.
I am neutral and I won't call your Mac a piece of junk. What you say is you don't have any problems with the Mac. That is your experience.
I am on my second XP machine. The first was in service 9 years. I upgraded, processors and memory during that time to keep up. Never lost a file, never spent a dime on cleanups, never had a virus. Didn't have to constantly reboot. It just need a faster processor and more memory that the motherboard would not support.
Built another, same XP, nothing spent on a new operating system, just new hardware, faster processor and memory capacity. All files transferred over and programs reloaded.
Low cost of ownership over 10 years and I don't have any problems with my stuff. That is my experience.
__________________
Most RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
2000 National Sea Breeze F53
1998 CRV Toad
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #49
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Ok trying to stay neutral here, but pure unadulterated misinformation needs to be corrected. As a user of MAC, since 1998, two desktops, one laptop and an I-pad. Not one crash, lost file or ever the need to reboot to "clear up problems". I have run a business that required ads, spreadsheets, and accounting. NEVER a glitch, NEVER a a anti-virus program used. Also, NO "cleanups", no bad hard drives.

The reason we "MAC" People don't have these problems has nothing to do with a financial incentive for these bandits to produce this malware. They do it because these windows machines are such junk, that if you don't watch every little thing you do, and don't reboot, and don't spend dollars on "cleanups" they will self destruct themselves. I used MS operating systems since 1983 and once they started Windows, to try and has an operating system close to a Mac, they blew it.

Neither I or any of my fellow MAC USERS have experienced any of these problems, regardless of what some are saying on here. The proof is in the pudding on this site. Look how many "help" threads that are initiated by the PC users, then look at the number started by the MAC USERS.

Sorry to rant, but when I see people making statements that we are to accept as fact when they are grossly inaccurate I feel the need.

Windows 8 will be another source of income that will try and once again convince the windows people to buy another machine, software, anti-virus program, so they may feel that they are getting a step closer to the reliability of a Mac. They are sadly mistaken. All you PC users have only two hopes. Either PC manufacturers keep making machines that will run on XP, or install LINUX.
BS..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #50
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Yea, about the same number you would have if you google "Santa Claus sightings" Half of those "results" come from anti virus software vendors printing stories that get reprinted by blogs and eventually what some would call the legitimate media.

The fact remains, I never met a pc user that didn't have a crash, a virus, a need to reboot or some other problem. I and every other Mac user I know has never had any of these problems. Even the so- called bullet proof XP system has experienced all of the above. It just doesn't crash as often or come up with as many error messages.

Say what you want, you just got used to running scans, virus software, rebooting, reformatting. It is a way of life to Windows users.
2x BS
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #51
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Known Mac OS X viruses-updated - F-Secure Community - 631
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #52
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
And, FYI, I dont 'run scans, reboot, virus software, or reformat'
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
steelheadbluesman's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zigzag, OR
Posts: 1,056
I don't want to hijack this thread (and maybe my post should be moved), but I have a related question.... I'm a happy win7 user, but am getting tired of MS always thinking they can boost me 'up' to their next big deal; so I'm thinking more of going to Linux. I've read some interesting posts here, but I'm wondering if there is any downside to Linux.... Obviously, I have some research to do, and I'll be happy to do it, but I'm wondering if any of you savvy users can tell me any horror stories about Linux? Especially in terms of transferring files with full functionality, cause I've been accumulating stuff since 1983. Thanks.
__________________
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
scgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 322
the only real downside to ubuntu/linux is that you have to "add-on" any apps that you need; plus since it is open source programming, "anyone" is allowed to write apps or modifications for it. It is a very stable and well written system; but, even it has its limits.

As for ta previous poster bragging on Macs......internally they are ALL the same HDD's, chipsets (they used to be different, now they use the same chipset), mobo's, etc. Admit it or not the only real difference is the Software and the quality control at the "build point"..............If I could get a Mac OS, I could wipe out my HP Probook and install Mac, and would have just as goo of a computer as your Mac.
__________________
scgator / South Carolina
http:/www.myyardsale.biz
scgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
scgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 322
"All you PC users" have only two hopes. Either PC manufacturers keep making machines that will run on XP, or install LINUX.

If I remember correctly, PC stands for PERSONAL COMPUTER
; and I hate to pop the "ego" bubble of those who own Macs..........by definition it is a PC.

Mac users "imply" that as a Microsoft user we are constantly having to reboot, clean, and reprogram..........that is simply not the case. I know many whose Microsoft systems run for years without issues; and they are not all XP either.

In reference to "evolving" OS from Microsoft, Apple, too, is working on a new OS; and they are not using the OS that they started with are they? A Mac is a very good computer, and they are a very good company, but there is no reason to consider every thing else "junk". It used to be that there were many internal hardware differences; but not anymore. They now use the same chipsets, HDD's, motherboards, and graphics cards. The "real" difference is in the software environment. Talk about being held hostage; even though the Mac software is inexpensive compared to Microsoft, they will not sell it retail.....you have to download any upgrade. So, in order to run a Mac OS, you must first buy their "way overpriced" computer, then you become "one of theirs".

BTW: the same "internal antivirus" that Microsoft has built into Windows 8 as part of the OS, is the same "internal antivirus" that Mac has built into theirs (the "entrance" coding is different, but the program functionality is the same as Microsoft)...........they just don't tell you about it. Mac did not get where they are at, by ignoring the market environment; and they do build a very good computer, but they "manufactured" an "elitest" environment that gives them credence to their high prices. Steve Jobs himself, said that the difference between Apple an its competition was "quality control" and "Isolated Software"

I like Macs, but would never buy one; and I know that there are those who swear by them. But, for "Mac owners" to continually downgrade and badger others is ludicrous; not everyone wants a Mac............. Mac users, you have a very good computer, but it is not the only very good computer...............
__________________
scgator / South Carolina
http:/www.myyardsale.biz
scgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I "had" to buy either an iPod, iPad or iPhone to fly my Parrot Quadracopter. I also use my iPod to listen to music on my car-to-car radio headset in my sand rail. If I use my desktop to upload the music and later want to add more to it, I have to use the same desktop to do so. If I use my laptop, it erases everything that was installed with my desktop. That is just BS. It's my device, let me do what I want with it.
__________________

__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.