Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I always enjoy the monthly newsletter from Woodall's. This months letter offers some pointers on winterizing normally overlooked. For instance,have you unplugged the fridge & micro? Here is the link to the article. Happy Trails!!

http://content.dynamicmessenger.com/...LLpOMzXfcbquK2
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I always enjoy the monthly newsletter from Woodall's. This months letter offers some pointers on winterizing normally overlooked. For instance,have you unplugged the fridge & micro? Here is the link to the article. Happy Trails!!

http://content.dynamicmessenger.com/...LLpOMzXfcbquK2
Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
winterizing the rig is perhaps high on the list of most often talked about things on this site, ...
however i am immune to that entire subject.
You see, i live in God's paradise, where it is warm every day. In fact it it sometimes 120 degrees warm every day. Actually it is too hot here. Way too hot.

but, what I was going to say is ... there was another article on that link you posted that i found vey interesting ...
and that was on Wi-Fi security.
everyone has Wi-Fi these days, ... it costs just $20 to get a Wi-Fi box from the computer stores, StarBucks has it free at all their stores, ....

and i recently read that cops are now looking for people parked in their cars using lap-top computers who are actually "stealing" Wi-Fi signals from a nearby house. The signal is typically transmitted about 100' thru-out the house but that obviously also apparently gets it to the curb as well.

I have wi-fi at my house so i can get internet or email from where ever i sit in the house.

Is it really illegal or even wrong to "steal" a signal which doesn't really have any of your private information in it?
afterall it is just internet access being beamed thru the air.
I wonder where this will go?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You're right Mike, that is a good article also. With my router off I have picked up a ghost signal from somewhere in the neighborhood. I am from the old(very old )school and feel that if it's not mine I won't touch it and have no interest in doing so. There are many,however,who would see it as an opportunity.I'm not sure if local enforcement codes have caught up to WiFi. If there is no law is there in fact a crime? I don't know. The old tv show said it best.."Be careful out there"

Mike, would you like a picture of our 6" of snow and a white Mt. Shasta to cool you off?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... Mike, would you like a picture of our 6" of snow and a white Mt. Shasta to cool you off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are a lucky man
make sure there is still some property left for me to get in about 5 years

but until then
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">make sure there is still some property left for me to get in about 5 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Boy I wish I could reserve you a few acres. Just the other day a developer wrote in our local paper that KFalls has been "Discovered". He expects comfy little Klamath Falls to be the size of Bend Oregon in just a few years.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #7

Dave
i need to PM you within a couple months and get my foot in there
stay cool buddy