Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #85

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Rest easy- this is just the latest in a never ending series of back-door ways for people to express their political and personal biases while at the same time avoiding the supposedly forbidden subject of politics.

The subject doesn't really matter, and the thread will go on until somebody introduces a newer, fresher such topic to which everyone will post exactly the same opinions only instead of this subject/object it will be the retreaded, renamed, New, Improved Version!
3.14 R 2 "No, pi are round"

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Rest easy- this is just the latest in a never ending series of back-door ways for people to express their political and personal biases while at the same time avoiding the supposedly forbidden subject of politics.

The subject doesn't really matter, and the thread will go on until somebody introduces a newer, fresher such topic to which everyone will post exactly the same opinions only instead of this subject/object it will be the retreaded, renamed, New, Improved Version!
Let's not forget those horrible unions

Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #87

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
Let's not forget those horrible unions
I especially like the Blooming Union at Outback Steakhouse. You get your full daily (perhaps monthly) requirement of cooking oil in one sitting.

Bob & Donna
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't bank on-line and I pay my bills by check in the mail. I've never felt my money was safe if the Internet had access to it, regardless of all the safeguards in place. I want to pay my bills my snail-mail because I feel secure doing so. The post office fills a need for me, but I I could live with a three, two or even one day delivery per week. Just me.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #89

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by so47 View Post
I don't bank on-line and I pay my bills by check in the mail. I've never felt my money was safe if the Internet had access to it, regardless of all the safeguards in place. I want to pay my bills my snail-mail because I feel secure doing so.
Two wanted in Fergus Falls mail, identity thefts | DL-Online | Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

Tuggerah Lakes police warning follows theft of mail from lettereboxes - Crime - News - Express Advocate Gosford Edition

Mail Theft Reported in Fort Collins, Bellvue - NOCO5

Area mail theft on the rise. What can you do? | Consumer | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR

Google News has 98, 495 more results available.

Nothing is safe, except numbers. By now, more people pay using secure internet websites, than snail mail in an envelope addressed to a bank, credit card company or utility. OBVIOUSLY a payment and subject to theft. The numbers say electronic transfer payments are pretty safe. JMHO.

Bob & Donna
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #90
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Correct. Pi r round. Cornbread r square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
3.14 R 2 "No, pi are round"

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #91

usps losing money?

I worked for them for 37 years and I can tell you exactly why they are losing money but I don't have enough space to do it in. But in comes down to management. that's right. AND I don't care if you are USPS management or not that is the truth bar none. Management just stand around scratching their front side all day long. the post masters are completely unnecessary in the office. they do nothing important that the little guy or gal can't do for less money. the management in the district offices who make the service decisions couldn't make a competent decision if their lives depended on it. the post master general was so in favor of cutting costs and improving service that the first thing he did on the first day at work was give himself a big pay raises. the USPS sends their postmasters all over the country to do inspections of other post offices. which amounts to standing around drinking coffee or scratching their front sides. They don't have a clue what they are suppose to be doing. a lot of money is wasted every day on management. the postal worker is too busy trying to get his job done to take time out to steal from the customers. Postal inspectors are someone to look out for. if they walk onto the back door they are after one thing and one thing only, to find a way to fire your dumb butt. They are like lawyers, and you should never under any circumstances trust one. I have seen a lot of stuff and heard even more. I wish I had the space to tell you every thing I know but alas I just don't have the heart. Do I miss the post office, like a sore butt is how I miss it.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Yay! Was wondering how long it would take for someone to post, or link too, info that said the USPS does NOT take government money anymore..
They may not take government money but they do have to depend on congress to make decisions on what they can and can not do.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
My local post office is great. They're friendly, helpful, and efficient. They don't park at Walmart. They don't eat Hostess Ding Dong's and they don't believe the world is coming to an end December 21st (they'll be sorry).

Central Planning has decided to close our local post office due to high customer satisfaction.
Read the above and had to laugh. Same thing here in White City, Oregon. Have 'things' (fishing gear) sent to me from the UK, and I 'trans-ship' to the UK. Two different postal services. With all this back and forth the average delivery time (either way) has been 7 to 10 working days. The '10' was to some small island off the coast of Scotland.

Bye the bye, sending a package (either way) there's no point in insuring or doing a signed delivery. Once a package leaves the US/UK there's no way to track same (and you won't get a signed recpt back).
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by so47 View Post
I don't bank on-line and I pay my bills by check in the mail. I've never felt my money was safe if the Internet had access to it, regardless of all the safeguards in place. I want to pay my bills my snail-mail because I feel secure doing so. The post office fills a need for me, but I I could live with a three, two or even one day delivery per week. Just me.
I hate to break it to you but if you have money in a bank account, it's accessible over the internet. YOU may not access your accounts but you can bet the banks do. They're all interconnected. One of the biggest threats to banking these days is wire transfer fraud.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #95

Gulf Streamers Club
I guess here's a reason to keep the USPS in business, you can't do THIS by email.

Bob & Donna
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #96

I think if the USPS was disbanded, the free market would quickly develop companies to take over the parts of it that made sense. The number of people who are ill equipped to utilize email and online bill paying is getting smaller and smaller. At least 95% of the material in my mail box is just useless junk that I throw away. I was just reading an article that even catalogs this year are much smaller due to the internet shopping. I do feel sorry for the little old lady living alone that has to pay her light bill via the USPS, but not $15 BILLION worth. Services could spring up to help her or the power company could do something.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #97

Why would you pay the bank for checks, buy envelopes, buy stamps, write out a check, address the envelope, and walk to the mailbox to mail a payment when you can just click on a site, click pay now and be done with it?

Just got a new credit card and it states I'm not responsible for any charges stemming from theft and I can always dispute a charge if something goes wrong. You're not going to do that with a check.

Another thing with a credit card is you get rewards (money back) on everything you use it for. Use a check spend $1 use a credit card get $1....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #98

Really simple answer on that. Some people are scared to death of computers or all electronics. Some of them are still trying to figure out how to program their beta max. My Mother-in-law (God rest her soul) could not even write a check and my wife had to handle everything when her Dad died. She started crying in the grocery checkout while trying. The bad thing is that the rest of us are having to pay the $15 BILLION a year to subsidize them and the junk mail with a 1% return rate. If there is a market for the remains of the post office, it will be filled by smart private folks who will do it better and cheaper.