Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Won't be here until Political Ad's are GONE!

We are not aloud to talk about politics but we are barraged with political ad's and it's really getting me angry. I won't be back until they are gone!!!
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
If you're talking about the Google ads, unfortunately we have no control over what ads are displayed.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #3

I would HIGHLY suggest using the Firefox Browser and then get the Adblock Plus plugin for it. The site loads 100% faster, there are NO ads, no junk. Just the forum posts. Attached is a screen shot of what I see!

(I shrunk the size so you could get a better look at most of the screen)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	6295  
Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Haven't seen any, am I beind singled out not to received political ads,

I Like a good laugh as well as my neighbor!, using IE, don't see the ads!
SideRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
We are not aloud to talk about politics but we are barraged with political ad's and it's really getting me angry. I won't be back until they are gone!!!
I believe you mean "allowed" not "aloud"...but anyway..I do not have pop-up blocker or don't set my browser to avoid them..and I do not see political ads..but lots of other ads. Many ads are geared for my geographical location too...RV dealers, local coupons and such..so suspect your in a contested political location.
I saw a segment on TV last night where a fellow who measures such things was asked for the most effective political ads and showed the top 4 for effectiveness...it was 4 because his firm could only find 4that addressed issues..the rest were all attack ads that just piss folks off...so you are not alone in your distaste for the ads.
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Just a question - are you logged in or viewing iRV2 as a visitor? I stay logged in, and while I see some Google ads, I haven't noticed any that are political. If I'm viewing iRV2 as a visitor, there's a LOT more Google trash.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
In addition to the above, iRV2 does not have pop-up ads, only the random Google ads.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
ADDS...... WHAT ADDS....I DONT SEE NO STINKIN ADDS...... WHERE ARE THEY ? ....
I gotta go tinkle.......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Members do see google ads and they vary widely. Each one of us may see something differnet. Google serves ads based geo location, browsing habits, even page content. For example if you are viewing a thread about tow vehicles you may see truck ads. Change to a page that has references to cooking on the road and you may see ads for food or snazzy cookware. We have little control over ad content from google and it possible that you may be seeing political ads. The ads are annoying for which I'm sorry, but they also keep the lights on at the forum. An ad blocker will fix your problem.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I logged out, checked for political ads, logged in, checked again - never saw a one of them.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What political ads? I don't see any political ads

Firefox with Ad-Blocker

I do not see ads.

Suggestion: If you don't like the political ads, Look at them, not the name of the candidate they wish you to vote for and.

come the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November..... Tell him how much you like his ads (Vote for the other guy)

Suggestion #2,,,, You know those once illegal robo-calls you get "This is Mayor Belfry and I'd like to tell you that I support Senator Blowhard in the upcoming election"

Those used to be illegal but the politicians voted themselves an exemption from that law (Title 47 ss 227 US code)

Well.... That's how I pick who not to vote for.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #12

I'm a political junky but I hate adds. I think "aloud" may have been correct. At least very loud.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Rick,

You probably won't see this, since you said you won't come back until the ads you are seeing are gone, but, it would help if we knew, specifically, where on the site you were seeing the ads, what the ads state & if you were or were not logged in.

I haven't seen any political ads either, logged in or not logged in. However, like Janet mentions above, I see the Ads by Google section ads change depending on what I'm searching the site for or what the topic of the thread is that I'm reading.

I did a test by searching the site using these hot topic words:
Government
President
Bush
Obama
Politics

then I opened threads that contained these words, but didn't get any political ads in the Ads by Google box or elsewhere, even after multiple clicks on different threads containing those words. I tested both logged in & not logged in.

I'm stumped for what ads you're seeing.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I remember a while ago I saw an Hilary Clinton add at the top of the page in the same vicinity as RV Parts and accessories. This was like a revolving add with other non political adds. I think our webpage has changed since then but is similar to the adds shown just above the recent discussions section. I do remember it was strange at the time.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote