Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Wordpress blog Help!

I am doing a blog about our travels in my RV. I am using wordpress and I want a easy plug in of a colorful US map, (like I have seen on many blogs). I need easy instructions or a website where I can find such a map. I need the plug in to be for wordpress, can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom
__________________

__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
I am doing a blog about our travels in my RV. I am using wordpress and I want a easy plug in of a colorful US map, (like I have seen on many blogs). I need easy instructions or a website where I can find such a map. I need the plug in to be for wordpress, can anyone help? Thanks Tom
Another map that would be great would be a route map that shows the route traveled.

Thanks
Tom
__________________

__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
WheelingIt's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On Wheels
Posts: 1,983
There are a bunch of sites where you can create the regular map with states visited. Just enter where you've been and then copy onto your blog. Here are a few options:

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

http://douweosinga.com/projects/visited?region=usa

http://www.amcharts.com/visited_states/

For our active travel map I use Google Maps, but if you're using a free wordpress.com site (I.e. Not self-hosted) it's very tricky to get it to paste into your blog. If you're self-hosted you can just use the code Google generates to plug it in.
__________________
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
There are a bunch of sites where you can create the regular map with states visited. Just enter where you've been and then copy onto your blog. Here are a few options: http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/ http://douweosinga.com/projects/visited?region=usa http://www.amcharts.com/visited_states/ For our active travel map I use Google Maps, but if you're using a free wordpress.com site (I.e. Not self-hosted) it's very tricky to get it to paste into your blog. If you're self-hosted you can just use the code Google generates to plug it in.
By the way , I enjoy your blog, and follow you! I have looked at the first website, but I could not figure out how to install the map on my blog space. I also have a Macso that may be the problem, thanks for any help.

Tom
__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
WheelingIt's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On Wheels
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
By the way , I enjoy your blog, and follow you! I have looked at the first website, but I could not figure out how to install the map on my blog space. I also have a Macso that may be the problem, thanks for any help. Tom
The program creates a JPEG image which you have to grab and upload. After you've created the map copy the image onto your computer (the same way you'd copy any image from the internet...do a "save image"). Then upload it to your blog (the same way you'd upload a photo to your Wordpress Media library). Then you can embed the image into a blog post or into a sidebar (image widget).
__________________
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
The program creates a JPEG image which you have to grab and upload. After you've created the map copy the image onto your computer (the same way you'd copy any image from the internet...do a "save image"). Then upload it to your blog (the same way you'd upload a photo to your Wordpress Media library). Then you can embed the image into a blog post or into a sidebar (image widget).
Thanks, I will give it a try.
__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
The program creates a JPEG image which you have to grab and upload. After you've created the map copy the image onto your computer (the same way you'd copy any image from the internet...do a "save image"). Then upload it to your blog (the same way you'd upload a photo to your Wordpress Media library). Then you can embed the image into a blog post or into a sidebar (image widget).
Ok, I can't seemed to get the thing to place on the blog, can you give me a step by step instruction? I feel stupid.
Thanks
Tom
__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
WheelingIt's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On Wheels
Posts: 1,983
Better to leave the instruction to those that have already written about it. Here you go:

http://www.expand2web.com/blog/add-i...press-sidebar/
__________________
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Koop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Full Timing
Posts: 745
Great links. Thanks Nina.
__________________
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 285
Maybe I can do this too
__________________
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of Alabama
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
Better to leave the instruction to those that have already written about it. Here you go:

http://www.expand2web.com/blog/add-i...press-sidebar/

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blog or Website? DogLdy Workkamping & Volunteering 3 07-14-2013 05:51 AM
URL test michguy Test Your Changes 1 03-13-2013 03:04 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.