Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

Thumbs up World War II Memorial (online)

I'm posting this info on every forum that I belong too because I feel it's very important and the clock is ticking.

If you had a father, uncle, aunt, friend, neighbor who served in WWII and is still here or has passed I would highly encourage you to help get their name, service, and even a picture ($10 charge). It's easy to do, once you register they send the person ID number so that you have access to his or her file and then your able to update it with information. I would get the info, discharge papers or orders which show their duty served. The great part would be if you had the person to talk to and get if first hand.
Once registered you will be able to view it on a computer by going to the website or at the WWII Memorial in Washington, DC. It will be there forever.

Here is the Website: National WWII Memorial

Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for sharing. I visited the WWII Memorial a few years ago and it is so touching and beautiful. I will check out the website to see if I can find my relatives.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #3

WWII Memorial

Good thing to do, hopefully someone has in the family has added them if not like said it's easy to do if you know what city or town they signed up in and their service record.
Pass the word when your out RVing or camping at happy hour!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind View Post
Good thing to do, hopefully someone has in the family has added them if not like said it's easy to do if you know what city or town they signed up in and their service record.
Pass the word when your out RVing or camping at happy hour!
Will do!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #5

if your family member served in the Pacific Theater during WWll the National Museum of the War in the Pacific, fredericksberg, texas has a memorial garden where plaques can be placed honoring individuals or units, ships, etc who served.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #6

World War II Memorial

What I love about the WWII Memorial is that at home I can look up family members and show it to children, grandchildren, great grand children. If you post a picture and their service to the website it will be there forever. Should you and any of them go to Washington, DC on a school trip or family vacation and go to the memorial they will be able to look up family members there also.
Hopefully someday this feature will be available for all of the memorials, the Vietnam Wall memorializes those that died in the war, but no where is there a personal memorial honoring those that served like the WWII Memorial.