Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
World Wide electronic war

Norse Attack Map
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #2

Looks like the whole world is after the USA.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
What's it about?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some interesting reading about cyber attacks:

Who’s Attacking Whom? Realtime Attack Trackers — Krebs on Security

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hackers via cyber attacks, and data theft and ID theft cost this country BILLIONS OF DOLLARS every year.. yet our Government considers the attacks to be petty crimes for the most part..

RUMOR has it the Government has a facility that monitors ALL internet activity and records it.. I do not know if this is fact or not but *IF* such a system exists it seems it should be fairly easy for a team of crack cyber investigators (Think CSI-CYBER) to use that resource to find the earliest release of a virus, or trojan, or worm, or ____(Fill in malware)___, the computer commanding a cyber strike, and thus the people responsible for it.

And hand them a conviction, a restraining order (no computer more complex than a spring wound analog watch) and a fine equal to last year's cost to the US from hackers.

A few convictions and the national debt would be on the shoujlders of the HACKERS instead of the taxpayers.

Same for Spammers.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
What's it about?
Me too.....I get a blank screen when I click the link
Old 07-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Thank you for the additional sites. I like this stuff.

I can't explain why some of you are having trouble accessing the site. Sorry.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I know somebody who has worked at the NSA and some other secure areas. To be sure I was never told much about the actual workings of those areas because I no longer have a TS security clearance but this I know.

The real issue these days are the laws against doing what needs to be done. We can't profile, we can't stop and frisk, etc, etc, etc. The laws are now written to protect the criminals instead of the free individuals. It's all about being PC. Don't offend anybody, and for sure don't do what needs to be done. Heck we can't even arm our military at the recruiters offices without a change in the law.

We can thank BC for that law when he was president. A military person can't carry a side arm unless it is his/her AFSC, MOS or specific job title to be a security guard.

How dumb is that???

TeJay
Old 07-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #9

The only thing dumber than Military Intelligence is the civilian government...

Two major issues. It is the World Wide Web. The US only owns part of it. OTOH they try hacking everybody else so everybody else retaliates. The US government has tried to backdoor all the major Operating Systems. Current technology is that you do not own your OS and it asks somebody for permission whenever you try to log on. That angers a lot of folks. Then we get to the really bad guys. In many places legal proceedings may be valued for the paper they are written on. It has a use. That is just the facts of life in the connected world.

BTW, anyone else catch the story about the hacked car on tonight's news?
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote