Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'm a doubting Thomas, so: (I have to check everything)

Credit Cards - See ID
All of that was a joke and contradictory.. The ONLY reason you need to sign the card is to complete the contract between you and the CC company. Thier own rules prove this by saying you must sign, but the merchant does not have to check. They are not even allowed to double check with your ID. But, if you sign it in front of the clerk, you must then show your ID.. but later it says that a crook can sign it and not have to show ID? And again, a merchant is not allowed to ask for your ID and you dont have to show it.. Try doing that in a place like Vegas where you cannot do a darn thing with a card without showing your ID.....

What a joke..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #30

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I'm a doubting Thomas, so: (I have to check everything)

Credit Cards - See ID
That was unbelieveable! I can see why a CC card company would want the card to be signed but making it policy that a card holder must sign an unsigned card in the presence of the merchant is just stupid. The card holder could have stolen the card and have gotten a fake ID with the card owners name on it. Of course the signatures will match.

All signing the back of a credit card does is give a thief a sample of your handwriting to duplicate, making it harder for you to dispute a fraudulent charge. I've never had a merchant refuse to accept a card of mine that has "See ID" written on the back, including USPS branches. If one ever does, they will lose my business. Very few ever check my ID (I always thank those that do). In fact, it's company policy for many merchants to not check ID for purchases under a certain dollar amount.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Can't remember the last time I was asked for ID when using a credit card. Even when using my wife's.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Can't remember the last time I was asked for ID when using a credit card. Even when using my wife's.
Until we wrote ask for ID on ours I never was asked for ID. Once at Wally World I went to use my debit card as a CC it wasn't signed and the clerk wouldn't take it so I just used one of my other cards.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
All that stuff about the card not being valid unless signed is purely to cover the credit card company.

And the funniest part is it is the merchant that is exclusively on the hook. Part of the deal when u sign up to accept credit cards is they get accessto your bank account. They can put money in, and they can take it out.

When a charge is disputed by the cardholder, that is exactly what they do, take the money back from the merchant.

With that reality, I find it odd that merchants are not ?more diligent in ensuring the it is actually the cardholder presenting the card.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
I kinda hope they would run to my home and say hi to my 11 chihuahuas...oh and my lab/pit bull mix that is huge, a great watchdog and quite impressive. And there is always someone home at my house, I live here with 6 of my kids, my adopted brother, his girlfriend and their new baby. Sorry, being funny here, Seajay, that is good advice. I learned a long time ago not to sign my CC. And I use the GPS in my iphone, so hopefully that will never be stolen.
svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
More scared of the 11 chihuahuas
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Note to Pam.... If I counted right there are 21 ''living things'' in your house not counting you........ good Grief ..... here is some more Worthless advise from Seajay.. Sneak out to your coach and leave in the middle of the night and dont tell no one where you are going.......lol.... This advise is free because I figure you are already broke.......
(just teasing my friend)

Lets all pray for our troops that they might come home safe.....
Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
seajay
your posts are never worthless some are useful
some bring a smile to my face
others a tear to my eyes
but always a worthwhile read
now you owe me a dime for being so dang nice to ya
brianj
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #38
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I have been doing the check ID thing for a while as well, and have not been asked all that often for ID, but like others here I thank those who do ask! I also use the address of local Police or Sheriff's Office, for the area I am in for home address in GPS. However it is also very important to just simply be awear of your surroundings and your spending! I check my online banking and 3 CC's every couple of days and if I don't understand something I call them! We are the ones who can best protect ourselves!!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in 13 more days at the National!! Safe Travles all!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #39
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
HEY Ya'll!

I just posted the link. It doesn't mean I agree or do everything that is in it. Sheeesh! Give me a break.

After all, it is in a "Worthless info," thread.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
HEY Ya'll!

I just posted the link. It doesn't mean I agree or do everything that is in it. Sheeesh! Give me a break.

Ok.... Understand this, and I will say it slowly. NO PICKIN ON WAYNE THE MARINE UNLESS YOU ARE A BLUE WATER SAILOR. Only Sailors are allowed to pick on Our Marines unless you have a special permit signed by a Real Sailor because Our Marines belong to the U.S. NAVY.

(Note to Wayne the Marine..... Just let me know who is pickin on you and I will FIX them)

Lets all ask someone to bring our troops home now.....

Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
HEY Ya'll!

Ok Top, where is the link.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
Ok Top, where is the link.
LMAO!!