Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah2 View Post
I would gladly turn outside lights off if requested. Sometimes we accidentally leave them on. We like being considerate to other campers and try to live by the golden rule.
This!

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
If the neighbour who comes over to ask me to turn my lights off isnt wearing a shirt would it be rude for me to ask that he put a shirt on?
Depends on how hunky he was... if he's a hunk... yes... if not, no! LOL! Perspectives.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #31

Here's what I did...

To keep my outdoor rope lights OFF after the evening activities, I picked up an inexpensive manual dial timer and plugged it in in one of the bay outlets. This is where I plug in all outdoor lighting. They turn on and they turn off automatically Can't always count on my memory especially after campfire wine

cheers,
Joopy
Old 09-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #32

Would it be rude to tell them to turn them off ?

Some people use the lights to discourage pack rats and other nocturnal rodents from chewing wires or trying to enter the coach at night.
😃
Old 09-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #33

All I ask is that people be quiet after midnight and not talk so loud that I can hear you with windows shut and AC on!!!! Now super bright panic lights are a pain and I find most people forget they left them on but I generally live and let live
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I wouldn't. That's why I have night shades.

Lori-
Same here but I understand that not all (Tenters for example) do not have them.

My awning lights are all solar just now (i need to get one more string) so they run from dusk to around midnight then the batteries run out.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 AM   #35

We leave our area lights on all night, if you were to knock on my door, our dog Junior would tell you to go mind your own business
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150213_194455436.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	107534  
Old 09-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
The answer lies in the title of the thread... to 'tell them' would be rude. To ask them would be acceptable if you aren't able to sleep with them shining into your camper.( but I would do it in the daytime....) The blue ones wouldn't be as annoying to me as the white ones.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
Just telling would be rude. Asking would be proper. However, with so many selfish, inconsiderate jerks in the world [moderator edit], even asking would be inadvisable. You never know how the other person will react, especially if s/he has been drinking.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #38

We loved the looks of the blue leds on the awnings and I was excited that the new camper had them. But we soon noticed they lit up the campground. We've been turning them off, but I'm not so sure the sound of the old half blind dog clumsily flopping down the metal steps at midnight to go out isn't worse. Are you opposed to any outside light or just the bright leds? And I'd love to hear what folks use as an alternative, as I have been trying to come up with one. 2nd trip out with the camper (2nd time with no overnight lighting), the racoons left foot prints on my chair. Wonder if they slept on it? I am not going to leave the leds on, as they really are so bright. Are they brighter on some newer models?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:16 AM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
We used to camp in a popup with no a/c so on warm nights we would have all the windows open to get good air circulation. We had a camper next to us that had a light on all night long. The next day as I was walking by I politely asked them if there was a reason why their outside light stayed on all night long, was it on a motion detector or something? They understood the question, didn't get offended and the light was off the next night. Now, since we have a class C, I have dark curtains in the overhead bunk and the a/c running it's not as big an issue.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:11 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabes View Post
We loved the looks of the blue leds... And I'd love to hear what folks use as an alternative, as I have been trying to come up with one.?
I installed a strip of LED lights under my full wall slide, which is on the "fun"'side of the Rv where we sit. My FWS has a "lip" on the outside so the light does not shine outwards--only downwards. It's perfect for providing light to avoid trip hazards, and for getting stuff out of the basement but it is not at all a glaring light (unless you are short enough to walk under my FWS).
Old 09-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #41

the first thing I would do is probably turn my lights on as bright as I could get them if I saw someone creeping around taking pictures of the campers around them.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I would have no problem of someone asking me to turn ours off. However as you approached our MH, my five Chi's are going to go nuts and wake up the entire camp ground, but hey that is why I have them. Best darn Alarms I could buy.