Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #15

Evergreen Owners Club
I can understand your frustration with idiot, inconsiderate drivers that just have to get ahead of your rv. Just back it down and don't let the idiots ruin your trip.
Let's all have safe travels!!
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Unfortunately - it's illegal in some states

A woman was arrested and charged with assault for throwing a cup of ice at a dipshitiodit. That's the term we use for those inconsiderate and dangerous other drivers. All we can hope for after we hit the air horn, is that karma will catch up with them.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #17

As I have gotten older... I just let it go... life is to short to sweat the small stuff and most of it is small stuff... You never know when one of those A'holes has a gun and has nothing to lose...
USMC1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
You need to get over it, there are going to be jerk driver anywhere you go! That's why when I travel I'm in no hurry and keep my speed at 60 on the road! Let the trouble pass you and just sit back and be amused. Just made a 2300 mile trip from charleston South Carolina to Madison WI vie way of St Louis and Chicago. Had a couple of jerks on the road, but I didn't let it ruin my trip or fun! A lot of people said to avoid Chicago. I had zero issues coming or going! Parked on the water front walked to the bean, Sears Tower and swam in the lake!
WReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #19

As much as bad drivers irritate me, I prefer them in front of me so I can keep an eye on them

Joe 1998 Itasca Sunflyer Ford 460
Annierufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #20

Right of way in Chicago is determined by caliber and rounds per minute. Eggs are just a waste of time.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #21

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1968 View Post
As I have gotten older... I just let it go... life is to short to sweat the small stuff and most of it is small stuff... You never know when one of those A'holes has a gun and has nothing to lose...
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #22

I lived in Chicago for my first 37 years. You lob eggs in traffic your rig may suddenly accumulate 9mm size holes...
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I assume this was posted in jest (frustration?) but eggs can cause some serious problems. A couple of years ago, while driving on HWY 58 east out of Bakersfield, someone dropped eggs off an overpass and hit the MH windshield. I couldn't see out of the windshield and started slowing down ASAP hoping not to hit or be hit by anyone. It took me a long time to get the mess off the windshield so I could get safely to the RV Park. It took about an hour more to clean up the mess. I hate to think what I would have done to the jerks if I found them.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #24

Ruin their day, if they are doing 60 you do 50-45. That way they all get way out ahead of you, and stay away from front bumper. It's the idiots now behind you that have to pass and they will fill in the space but for a few seconds and move out. You still got the road to yourself and you will see them a few miles down the road as it is, having made no more time than you did.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1968 View Post

I did have someone wave a gun at me on the Freeway at 70 mph.
I tucked in behind him and held up my cell phone. I knew he had no chance of hitting me shooting over his shoulder and through his rear window. I would not let him get behind me. I then phoned the Highway Patrol and gave his location and license plate number. Before I was done with him he wished he had never bought that gun.
The last I saw of him he was doing about 90 mph trying to get away from me . I have no idea if the cops ever got him , but I'm sure he buried that gun when he got home .
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mount an air powered egg gun in a turret on the top of your MH, then your GF can open a hatch climb up and give them hell!

Only in my dreams
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's face it. Safe drivers (who leave a cushion / of which I am one) are always being cut off by idiots. It is the only space for these jerks to swing their car into. They plan on you stopping so they don't have to. You get hit stopped at a stop sign, hit going through a green light, and hit just going down the road. At least I did. Not one was my fault and nothing I could do to prevent it. Last sucker will be paying for my motorhome.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am working on, training a couple of Skunks to ride backward on my front bumper. Any thing that comes in range is fair Game.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote