Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I use a dash cam all the time while the coach is moving.

If some inconsiderate driver that should have never been issued a license darts in from of me I use my twin air horns to let them know that they just FU and it is not a little beep warning but a LONG HARD blast that can last 5-10 seconds.

I have lots of spare air and don't hesitate to use it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #30
Newmar Owners Club
With all the road rage today, it's better to just give up on getting back at them. Stupid is as stupid does, and you can't fix stupid. I just try to sit back, calm down and keep going on my way. No sense anyone dying over something stupid.....

1999 NEWMAR American Star * Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally * Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #31
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
With all the road rage today, it's better to just give up on getting back at them.
Absolutely! And if someone should think my passive, non-aggressive, response to their stupidity is more than they can take, they can just force me over. At that point, however, they will have to decide if their anger/stupidity is more than my calm, measured response with a .40 in hand is what they want to take on.
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
This is why I have a train horn installed. Someone does that to me, they'll be cleaning their pants out shortly
I love my triple train horn. Need more psi.
Mark & Carole RVM54
What a long strange trip it's been
2002 Fourwinds 5000 26Q 496 ci. Chevy towing 2004 Jeep Wrangler,2016 Starcraft AR One 18', 2016 F-150
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #33
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I feel your pain as it happens to us as well, but the egg thing' well it may be fun but not the thing to do.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #34
Ford Super Duty Owner
This happened to us going north out of Ogden Utah in 1998. We just got on the expressway with little traffic and I was a ways behind a semi when he all of a sudden hit his brakes. The DW was getting things settled in the 34' DS MH and went head over heals towards the front. She cut her hand on something but did land in the passenger seat area. She got herself together and proceeded to question me on what the H##l I was doing and the SOB did it again. I hit the brakes again and then passed him up to see what he was doing and there were no cars in front of him for several hundred feet. He just did it out of spite I guess.

As stated, "You can't fix STUPID". No matter how hard you try. When we encounter idiots like that we just keep telling ourselves that they are going to or coming from work and that part of our life is way behind us.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #35
Best to forget about it life's too short as it is no use getting the blood pressure up over it, I just figure they will at some point pull that on the wrong person and become another statistic without my help. Besides blowing the horn may scare an idiot into doing something even more dangerous like slamming on the brakes.
Drive careful and enjoy the ride.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #36
Most dentists will not work on people with horn shoved between teeth of and down throat of horn blower. Best to just get around irritant and continue on. Some people carry a bigger gun than your use too...and they don't use extra psi for boost either. There is enough violence out there.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #37
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess all you can really do is honk your horn and give them the finger.

Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote