Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you buy an rv without at least one slide?
Would buy without at least one slide 126 44.68%
Would not buy without at least one slide 156 55.32%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #127

Slides? No thanks. The less maintenance for me the better. I have enough to maintain with the regular systems and solar. [emoji16]. Plus, being a newbie, I have enough on my plate. Maybe when I become more "seasoned" I'll rethink them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #128

I bought my current TT with no slide. had them. Dealt with them. Had some issues but nothing major. I just wanted things simple and easy
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #129

We have slides in ours. My wife would not even consider a unit without one. I would, but a happy wife is a happy life.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #130

My wife and I own an Arctic Fox 22G. Well insulated, no slides, modest length makes it easy to pull and park. We have a bed, couch, dinette and full bathroom. I didn't want a long trailer, slide or big windows. I don't care about resale because we will kept it until we are too old to drive a truck towing a trailer. We tow it with a GMC 2500HD double cab that we can fit in our garage.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #131

Kodiak Cub

My 20 foot Kodiak Cub is big enough for the two of us. No slide is necessary and makes winter camping much easier for us.
The three big rear windows makes watching the eagles sore over the Mississippi for the one of us who can't walk far a joy.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #132

We realize that everyone is different and every trailer is different and everyone's needs in life are different. this Q is like should I get a 4x4 or 2X4 truck or gas VS diesel or Bud light VS Coors lite.

FYI Most small toy haulers... don't have slides because there is no room to bring the slide in with your toys … Friends trailer is like this, I was like why no slide wow this sucks.. oh snap.. you need room

Anyways go camping and enjoy you short time on earth
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #133

Having an RV with Slides is like owning a 'transformer'

Open up the slides and that long narrow shoe box transforms into a living room, a bedroom vs having to let partner know you are going to lift your arm to scratch your head.......

Wouldn't own one without slides.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide