Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm really bad with names so when we come across one another please remind me! Lol

I am an active wildlife photographer and my husband just retired! We originally thought it would be fun to combine trips with wildlife and birding hikes and golf for the husband to fill both of our tanks. But my DH is really loving the wilderness so it's especially fun RVing. We are new to that world, camping for two years now.

We call our MH our San Francisco home because nothing is affordable near our granddaughter up in that area, so that's a 9 hour drive fairly often.

True, I do worry about security on the net and at home. It's best not to give dates of travel, addresses, full names, etc. and it's true irv2 is my favorite place, you all are so kind.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #16

Shannon, husband Ron. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 4 chickens. I work for the county as a tobacco and problem gambling prevention coordinator. Husband is 19 years older than me and is retired. We have a 23 year old son that lives a few miles away who is gracious enough to house sit and take care of our critters when we are gone. We are active in our church and I enjoy crochet, fishing and bunco. We generally take shorter trips to Northern California or here on the Oregon Coast. We are always the "weirdos " at the campground. I pack enough food, clothing and accouterments for 10 people and hubby can't park the trailer worth beans. Setting up at the campsite always draws gawkers and we are quite entertaining I guess. But we always try to be good neighbors after the crying and gnashing of teeth is over.
Other than that, we are generally boring folks.

Not all who wander are lost...
Yurok Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurok Chick View Post
Shannon, husband Ron. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 4 chickens. I work for the county as a tobacco and problem gambling prevention coordinator. Husband is 19 years older than me and is retired. We have a 23 year old son that lives a few miles away who is gracious enough to house sit and take care of our critters when we are gone. We are active in our church and I enjoy crochet, fishing and bunco. We generally take shorter trips to Northern California or here on the Oregon Coast. We are always the "weirdos " at the campground. I pack enough food, clothing and accouterments for 10 people and hubby can't park the trailer worth beans. Setting up at the campsite always draws gawkers and we are quite entertaining I guess. But we always try to be good neighbors after the crying and gnashing of teeth is over.
Other than that, we are generally boring folks.
Also my son (who has the patience of Job) is a heavy equipment operator helps with the trailer parking whenever he can.
Yurok Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
We are from South Padre Island Tx right on the boarder - I worked for a contract company working on coast Guard, Customs, and Boarder Patrol boats. Sold everything last year and went full time. We made the big loop around the country seeing kids and grand kids as my kids are in the Coast Guard and National Guard stationed all over. on the way got back pain and turned out to be bladder and kidney cancer so we are stuck in Austin Tx till all fixed up. My luck the chemo BCG is on back order but soon we will be cancer free and on the free road again.
travel with two nit wit Multi poos that love new places to sniff and new dogs to play with. I love to work on the motor coach - get bored if I don't have any projects. So far we love being full time seeing this beautiful country.
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #19

I look forward to sharing our information when we meet at one of the irv2.com area rallies or national.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catstravel View Post
I too enjoy reading & learning here. And feel like I am beginning to know the people who post here. Like mshappycampers. I see postings from them a lot. And think how nice it would be to meet them sometime out on the road.

We're in NE GA in our S/B. We travel with 3 cats. DH is retired Navy. I still work but I can take my work with me when we travel. And with the weather that is moving in here in the next few days I wish we had planned a trip somewhere!

We visit Jax FL a lot - have g-kids there. And go out to Albuquerque to visit family. And we see a lot of the country between here & there.

Hope to meet y'all on the road. We'll plan to sit around the campfire & catch up on our friends from IRV2.

Thanks, that's so nice of you to say that! We too enjoy meeting other IRV2 members on the CG! We're hoping to get away in April or May for a one-year fulltiming trial period. I'll be posting on here where we are so maybe some of you can drop in for a cup of coffee!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote