Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wounded Warrior Project ....

I'll give you guys the short version of this.
Mike asked me to sell fifty fifty tickets with the idea that we would give half the money to the Wounded Warrior Project. We sold tickets for two events and the sales were very brisk for those who bought tickets. The big seller was the Six for Five dollars string and we sold about five hundred dollars worth of tickets total. Mike told me that we would be lucky to sell three hundred dollars total but we beat that mark by a mile. Half the money collected went to the Wounded Warrior Project and we gave back the other half in two sessions at supper. We had fun meeting the nice rally folks and they got a kick out of my ''Tuxedo Tee Shirt''...
On Friday evening I decided to give away some free beer and ''Hot Weenees'' so I borrowed a cooler from Ms. Toni (with an ''I'') filled it with beer and ice and got out my ''Hot weenee'' and started dragging a cow bell down the street to advertise the project. You can go read about this in another post but I wanted to tell you guys this at this posting. As I walked and talked to friends I would give away a cold beer and hot weenees and stand and shoot the bull with people. It truly amazed me the generosity of these folks. When I handed some a beer they would stick a five spot in my hand. I told them that the beer and the hot weenees were free, NO CHARGE. They would just smile at me and say for me to ''Put it toward the donation for the Wounded Warriors Project''. Many were guys that never served in the military for various reasons. One told me that he really envied the friendship the vets showed on Irv2 and the feeling of kinship us vets had. He handed me twenty dollars for the WWP and asked that I not use his name but to know how much he envied the people that had served this nation. I thanked him profusely for the donation. This is where the extra hundred dollars came from for the donation to WWP. It came from free will donations from the kind people of Irv2.
I sent in the donation of $350.oo via credit card to WWP after my operation on my right eye. I told the representative that this was a ''one time donation'' from the 2011 National Rally attendees of IRV2.com. She said a letter of thanks would be sent to Mike in about a week or so for our records. I assume Mike will post a copy when he gets the letter ..

In closing, I would like to thank everyone for their generous contribution to Wounded Warrior Project. Anyone that does not know that I have a special place for Vets in my heart has been living under a rock and can not read.

God bless our troops and bring them home safe.
Ten years is enough .. BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW.
God bless our veterans that gave so much of their lives to this country. All gave some........... SOME GAVE ALL............. What have YOU done for this country lately?????? (think about it)

Seajay the sailor man ........ Second generation Veteran of the US Navy and damn proud of it.........
Love my country and respect my Flag or leave by the front gate.
Respect our laws and learn our language or leave by the front gate.
Become one of us or go back out the way you came in .
''Ask not what this country can do for YOU but what YOU can do for this country'' JFK
Nuff Said For Now .

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Thor Owners Club
I did not partake of your weenie...And my life is worser off because of that... Thank you for your support of the Vets.. And thank you for doing the raffle... But one word of advise...Check your pockets after walking the dog...I love you man... D

Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Aw Shux!
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome back.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote