Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I have often read or heard news reports of "Automatic Rifle" where I personlly got to see the rifle after the deceased gunman became deceased. (Thank you sharp shooting police man)

It is normally a Semi-Automatic.

Mr. Clueless copywrighter don't know the difference like we folks who have actually taken a gun apart and put it back together do.

That said.. i don't much like guns.. But I have taken 'em apart and put 'em back together. Decent shot too.
I think news people in most cases know the difference, they choose to describe it that way because of a bias. If we have laws against automatic weapons and people still have them then we need to do something more drastic. I believe that is their thought process.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Mr. Clueless copywrighter don't know the difference like we folks who have actually taken a gun apart and put it back together do.

That said.. i don't much like guns.. But I have taken 'em apart and put 'em back together. Decent shot too.
And sometimes they work afterward too

Dang, where did that spring go to...........

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #17

There is a definite basis against weapons in the media. I heard the term "multiround clip" today. I have never heard of a single round clip. I can pull the trigger pretty fast with my semiautomatic.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well first off the story says it was an "automatic rifle". That's illegal to own unless you have a special background check and $200 tax stamp.
Waiting for more details though
I can't begin to tell you the number of (insert politically incorrect phrase here) "people" I've come across with fully auto weapons. None of them even think about a background check, and if they spent money it was probably for the sale, not a stamp tax.

Of course, I'm not a great judge of character if I just use the folks I come in contact with as the prime example.

Either way, it's a he** of a tragedy.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
dollars to donuts it was a magazine and not a clip anyway...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Automatics or semiautomatics? Unfortunately, the media seem to call anything that's semiautomatic "automatic" even though it's not.
Mmmmm . . . from what I gather from most of the posts so far is that the real tragedy here is that the murder weapon was labeled incorrectly?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Mmmmm . . . from what I gather from most of the posts so far is that the real tragedy here is that the murder weapon was labeled incorrectly?
You're kidding, right?????

No. The tragedy is that innocent people were killed or wounded.

Unfortunately, the agenda-driven media try every way possible to make the big, bad firearm the villain by misrepresenting the situation, instead of putting the blame squarely where it belongs, on the sick person who did the shooting.

liz
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #22

I am waiting to hear more about the shooter.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #23

It's amazing how many people don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine.
I recently went to Gander Mountain looking for a magazine for an heirloom rifle. The guy working the counter said "You want a clip?" I said, "I want a magazine". He kept calling them clips.

There's an article going around the Internet on the Governor from Texas and it's actually a favorable article. Unfortunately they refer to the Governor using a "laser-guided automatic pistol"

I don't think the media is interested in getting facts, they're interested in stirring things up.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #24

LibbyLA, you hit out of the park with that reply.

You can depend on the Lib----er---Lying media to paint a picture far and away from the real problem.

My state has a 'Right to Carry' law but I really never thought much about doing it. However, I'm thinking now.

My DW wouldn't like it but things are getting way out of hand and I never really cared about what others think (maybe I'll be going to IHOP for breakfast alone for a while until she gets accustomed to the idea).

Think of this, people, a bad guy seeing license plate from 5 or more states away know they didn't get there on $5.00. We are in immediate target, like it or not.

I'm an old guy that's seen death in it's ugliest forms and I'm angry over what's happening to our country. If you don't believe it's a matter of luck you haven't been attacked yet, you're an idiot.

Charlie Bronson was one of my heroes and my mantra has been "come cr@p on my doorstep and I'll burn you're friggin' house down with you in it".
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #25

Having a Concealed Carry Permit doesn't mean you have to carry it at all times. You can keep it in your car or coach and it would be available just is case you ever need it. In Florida, they cost $117 for 5 years.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
You're kidding, right?????

No. The tragedy is that innocent people were killed or wounded.

Unfortunately, the agenda-driven media try every way possible to make the big, bad firearm the villain by misrepresenting the situation, instead of putting the blame squarely where it belongs, on the sick person who did the shooting.
No, I'm not kidding. Most of the previous posts are about the weapon, not the victims, except for this incredible statement about the killer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I think if I didn't like the pancakes I would have just said so.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #27

Was the illegal firearm carried by an illegal alien? No ones saying.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #28

He had a Latino name and looked like a Latino. I was wondering if he had gotten the AK47 via the Mexican drug cartels. 5 of his victums (2 dead) were Army. I would think it would be hard to kill yourself with an AK47.