Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
Losing a fur folk is so very personal. No one can feel just what you do even if they have lost one of their own.

Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #16
I have tears in my eyes. Thank you for a loving story.

murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #17
You know, when you adopt a fur friend, that one day you're going to have to face this parting of the ways. Our fur friends depend on us to know "when it's time". It's just part of the respect you owe them for being your unquestioning friend their entire life.

Some people are so devastated by this experience they vow never to repeat it.

I take the opposite approach. I will start searching the rescue centers the day I have to put a friend down. There are so many suffering through that experience, wondering what they've done wrong, for hours, days, and weeks on end. The sooner I can rescue my new best friend, the better off we'll both be....
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #18
What a beautiful tribute to a much loved furry family member.

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that you'll soon remember Perch with smiles rather than tears.
Karen & Gary
Glamping is not for the faint of heart!
with furkids Gypsy & Cody &
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for all the wonderful and kind words.

Your responses make my loss a little easier to deal with, and I sincerely appreciate them.

Here is a very recent pic of Perch, taken the day before we took him to the vet for the last time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403587155.389841.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	66052
Lou & Cheri - Pilot & Copilot
Aly & Susi - Miniature Schnauzer Navigator & Bombadier
1995 Fleetwood Flair 27 - CG-1 Bomber
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #20
National RV Owners Club
I think you can see that many people do understand very well how much your life has been changed and touched by the bond of friendship. One poster touched on something that has been running around in my mind for awhile. I have been graced by cats for most of my 50 years, there have been other pets as well but for some reason, cats and I have had special relationships. As I get older, I have begun to wonder too about whether I can bear another friend leaving me. It has been very hard the last few times and I often think that after this time, I will not adopt any more pets (they always seem to find me). All I can say is that if life maintains it's present course, I will have no choice in the matter. All I have to do is see an animal in need and all other considerations go out the window. I can't resist and the truth is I think I need them more than they need me. I think that is why it is so hard to let them go when they are ready. I don't know about the afterlife and each person to their own on the subject but if I had just one option and had to chose what it would be, it would be for me to rejoin all my pet friends in a place where we could all be happy and together.

Your pain will fade but your love for Perch will be yours forever as will his love for you.
1999 - National Tropi Cal
sirpurrcival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too feel your pain. I took Moms dog after Mom passed and Duchess lived for another 10 years @ 18 one day she just stop running around the back yard and with in 2 days I had to take her to the vet. I couldn't stay and watch her go but I looked back as I closed the door and she was looking at me with those eyes I'll never forget, Mine are full of water. that was almost 10 years ago. I had her cremated and she is still with us.
Some people just don't get it. So sad.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #22
I am so sorry for your loss. And having had many animals, cats, dogs and horses during my life, I have had to make this most difficult decision more than once. I even worked as a Vet Technician for several years when in college. It never gets easier, but is the kindest thing you can do when their quality of life has been lost. If only we were as kind to our human friends and family.

My heart goes out to you and your wife during this time.

Lee and Cat
2006 Gulf Stream Crescendo, 36ft Diesel Pusher
3 cats; Howie, Maya and Cali; Washington State
CatLee is offline   Reply With Quote