Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
YETI Cooler/Tumbler "Rambler"

https://vimeo.com/88351384

My dear stepmother bought me one of these on our family vacation to Galveston Island and I have to tell you folks, ITS INCREDIBLE!

I put about 1/4 of ice in it, cold water and it literally lasts all night/day. I have never seen something that actually makes the drink COLDER once it is dumped into the tumbler.

I know they are very pricey, but I have to tell you, it's worth it!! I can dump a cold bottled water in there, put it in the cupholder, 3 hours later in the sun, it is still cold (when traveling I mean).

I love this thing and would never have bought it for myself, but I gotta say, it is INCREDIBLE!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150610_220125595.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	97623  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yeti is pretty much the "Rolls Royce" of coolers. I have seen these and have always thought they should be great, but for the price....?
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know, Tom, but I'll tell you, if you do get one, you won't regret a dollar of it.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #4

My son bought me the "can cooler" version for my birthday this year....concur with the rest of the accolades....keeps my beer COLD.

Jaye(Mn)
Mnflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

My hubby bought our son a Yeti Cooler (ice chest) a few months ago. I did a double-take when I saw the price on that thing.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

To be fair the Yeti is made here in Texas. So it has that going for it. Right folks. I mean it gets hot here and all. OK it is a bit pricey but hey we all got oil wells. Coleman makes a great cooler also.
Abitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree, those Tumblers are sweet, its just the price of them at $30 each, ouch. Academy had a huge display right when you walk in. Was tempted, but just could not square up the $30 per.

I do own 2 Yetti coolers that work great. Was able to buy them before Yetti got quasi bought out, back when you could go down to their factory here in Austin, walk around with the owners and after a few cold beers he would send you home with a $400 cooler for $100.

Am hearing good things about those Pelican coolers, they sell them at Costco for a good price. Much better cooler than the Yetti IMO.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
I agree, those Tumblers are sweet, its just the price of them at $30 each, ouch. Academy had a huge display right when you walk in. Was tempted, but just could not square up the $30 per.

I do own 2 Yetti coolers that work great. Was able to buy them before Yetti got quasi bought out, back when you could go down to their factory here in Austin, walk around with the owners and after a few cold beers he would send you home with a $400 cooler for $100.

Am hearing good things about those Pelican coolers, they sell them at Costco for a good price. Much better cooler than the Yetti IMO.
What features on the Pelican leads to you to say it's a better cooler?
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitbig View Post
To be fair the Yeti is made here in Texas. So it has that going for it. Right folks. I mean it gets hot here and all. OK it is a bit pricey but hey we all got oil wells. Coleman makes a great cooler also.
Hmmmm, a Google search shows Yeti is manufactured in the Philippines. Igloo is made in Texas.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I like the latch system on the Pelican better than the bungi cords on Yetti for the lid. Also like the Pelican has a drain on both sides of the cooler in lieu of the Yetti only having 1. Like the handles on the Pelican better as well, its a two handle system.

Some like the padlock on the Pelican better, its got a stainless steel plate to keep someone from cutting the cooler. I have never used a lock on a cooler, so not a big issue for me. Some also like the feet on the Pelican better as well, but that is also not a huge deal for me.

IMO the Pelican is just a better built cooler ATM, but there is certainly nothing wrong with the Yetti. I own 2 Yetti's and both work great, but IF I was buying right now, it would be a Pelican.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hmmmm, a Google search shows Yeti is manufactured in the Philippines. Igloo is made in Texas.
Going to edit this, I was incorrect with my previous statement. Had been to what I thought was their factory in South Austin, TX. Which at the time, maybe that was their manufacturing place. But did a little googling, and this is from Yetti's own website.
Quote:
Our coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Iowa and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines.
A lot changed for Yetti when they got bought out. Used to be a couple brothers making coolers, who were really good guys. Was told once the hedge fund bought them, everything changed.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You guys got me going on this. I currently have a nice 20 ounce Tervis plastic cup that I use exclusively while driving the motor home. The only problem is that on my new coach, the cup holder near the driver's window exposes the top 4" of the cup in the window. My other coach, the cup was below the height of the window. This exposure is making the liquid warm up much faster. So....I just bought the 32ounce Yeti. Ebay had the best price with no shipping and tax for $37.95.

My wife never knows what to get me for Father's Day, so I helped her out.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #13

I have the 20oz and 30oz. IMO, definitely work the money. Keeps my morning and late afternoon drink cold without being diluted with melting ice.

Caution - Keep the lid on when not in use or it will just keep making ice.
txaggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #14

The secret of your drink not getting hot is just drink it fast.