Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
You can see all three of them feeding at the following video...

Awwwww, look how gentle & loving (if that can be applied to eagles) the parent is feeding tiny bits of food to those fuzzy bobbleheads. I've been watching since the eggs were first laid. Nature is SO amazing.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Awwwww, look how gentle & loving (if that can be applied to eagles) the parent is feeding tiny bits of food to those fuzzy bobbleheads. I've been watching since the eggs were first laid. Nature is SO amazing.

Lori-
Your not lurking are you?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhicker View Post
Your not lurking are you?
Yep, I'm one of those. Never signed up for the chat but I feel like I know all the late night regulars (Congowings, MsAudryAnn, Sioux, Mary & of course MM )

Hey MM, I saw a Sioux just became a member a day or so ago. Is it the same Sioux from NBG?

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
..so then you must read what we all say about the lurkers over there....
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
..so then you must read what we all say about the lurkers over there....
Yeah & I keep comin' back anyway.

Lori-
Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yippee!! I have eagles, too!

I heard on our local news bald eagles & their nest have been discovered at the metro park that is less than half a mile away from my home. It's the first sighting of them in our area.

I'm SO excited. I've gotta go over there first chance I get & see where it is located.

Lori-
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
MM, I see they are banding the young ones this week. Will that be recorded so us working folks can see it too?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookIIRoadtrash View Post
MM, I see they are banding the young ones this week. Will that be recorded so us working folks can see it too?
Book...Last year's banding is up on You Tube - so I expect we will be able to see the saem...but I also have a preson I am in contact with that does try to tape many of the events at the nests shown on my Nest Map. I have been told that they will try to get all of the Banding too.
I will put a link to that video here in this thread when I have access to it on Wednesday.
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
On a related note, the barn owl parents at Starr Ranch Sanctuary have come back to the cavity & are "working" on their next brood. Maybe we'll get to see another batch of owlets grow up.

Lori-
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mixed News...

I have spent many hours this season watching the Eagle Cam at NBG (as nlovnit can attest).
The three eaglets did survive and fledge successfully again this season. (You can follow Camellia via his GPS tracking device here.) This story has a happy ending -but it is not always the case.
There is a nest in British Columbia that has had it's share of bad luck this year. One of two eggs did not hatch and tonight over 200 viewers watched as the lone eaglet named "Phoenix" took it's last breath.

You will find all sorts of ways to support these protected creatures.. and one way is to order a 2011 calendar here ...or choose one of the other local sites.

I would like to wish the best to the Eagle parents - I do hope there is nothing wrong with either of them also.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
MM, up here on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, we have literally thousands of Bald Eagles nesting, flying, circling etc. There are a young set exploring the possibility of nesting in the tall Fir Tree in our back yard as I write.

Before I moved to the Left Coast, I too thought these beautiful birds were going extinct and from what I see here the bird is fighting to go forth and prosper on its own.

If you get the chance wander up to Port Alberni on the west coast of he Island and have a peek about. Denise and I make great tour guides and enjoy meeting new people.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
FYI... I got an email this morning asking if I knew how the Norfolk Eagles fared through " Tropical Storm Earl" this last Thursday night-Friday AM...
My understanding is that the area was not affected much by the storm and that the parents will be around next year to produce as much of a brouhaha as they did this year with the three eaglets from this season.

The live cam is down for the season but there is a blog up online that is tracking the two eagles from the past two seasons.

I look forward to the season next year - but I can enjoy the memories from this past season when I get my 2011 Eagle Calendar next week! ( You can go to my blog to see how to order a calendar for this non-profit organization.)
PS...I want to thank JoeK for making me and many others aware of this nest last year. I am so glad you brought this information to the forum!!