Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
Originally Posted by rewaters49 View Post
Kitchen Counter Space. My wife needs enough counter space to roll out biscuits. Most RV's just don't have it. Our Bounder does. We have a great relationship: she likes to cook, I like to eat!

this has got to be one of the best replies i've read.

faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Floorplan, quality of construction, amenities and power train.

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #17
Since the 1970's we have owned about 25 motorhomes (we used to buy them, fix up, and sell 6 months later) and now after 17 years without one, we jumped back in. Things have really changed and we had to get re-educated in a hurry. Based on past experinece we wanted a large kitchen, seperate toilet area, good fuel mileage, queen walk around bed, and lots of storrage. To get all of this we needed close to 40 feet and that meant a diesel pusher. We also wanted a better ride than the old motorhomes in the past. We narrowed the chassis down to Freightliner, the motor down to Cummins ISB, and started looking. Using the many internet RV sales sites we looked at used rigs until a pattern appeared and narrowed down our search. Does it matter which brand we bought? probably not but we found all our features in a 2001 Sportscoach and re-did the interior to our liking. Are we happy with the results? So far we are. DACOTAH
Dacotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
We choose our current MH after having a TT last year. We loved camping, but didn't like pulling the trailer. We looked around for a late model MH (so we could pay cash) and enjoy the ability to travel anywhere we wanted. We have our first outing this weekend at a local state park to try the systems and see how if flows with everyone.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
Texas Boomers Club
28 years old and still the best rig we have ever owned. Hard to beat quality. Great floorplan.
Ron & Ellen Norton
2016 Grand Design Reflection pulled by 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
TexasPSDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Manufacturer 1st, floor plan 2nd, the rest is history. You have to be comfortable with what you see, but don't get in a hurry. Go back and look at the unit a couple of times and if possible take others with you and ask them to point out their dislikes, they a lot of times say something you have not even thought of. Our good friends have helped us over the years as I hope we have helped them.
Dean & Mary (Retired U.S.A.F.) plus Purr
2012 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2015 Malibu LTZ w/Blue Ox setup & Brake Buddy
goldwingerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My wife loved the floorplan and I liked all the mechanical stuff. I also liked the fact that it has basement air so that it is low enough to fit in our garage when we are not on the road.
It is truly our movable vacation home.
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
We bought a 1989 Fleetwood bounder as our first RV. It was only 4,800 with only 20,000 miles. We thought we got a great deal until we started replaceing things. Wipers, about 90 dollars for the pair. Electric steps about 450 tires 12,000, and frig 1,400 and we haven't even got to the brakes or changing the hoses and belts.
Geez! And I thought boats were a big expense! LOL, I really like the bounder though and we are into it enough now that we have to finish. I am sure I will enjoy the trips in it. Haven't taken it camping yet. Going to wait until it is all fixed up. We have a 2002 Sierra 31 foot pull behind camper that we take out and have it parked at our property at Keation Beach but can't wait to take the RV out.
Juanita N Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #23
We have had a TT..then when to a Coachmen class a...now we have upgraded to a 2008 damon challenger 376. We have been looking for this coach for quite some time. We fell in love with this floorplan. 2 couches...bunkbeds..dinette and queen bed,and the interior colors are beautiful.
2008 Damon Challenger 376
EZ tow dolly
2015 dart GT
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #24
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by DRosedale View Post
Why did you choose your current RV?
Had same model before and loved it. This one is longer, body paint, 3 slides and great deal.
Mike, Janet & Duchess (cavalier King Charles)
2008 35B windsport, Brazel's rear TracBar, Koni shocks & Safe T plus steering
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I didn't. DW and the dog did. The class C was getting a little small and she had been eying Vectras for months. We were at an RV show and walked around the corner when I saw it first and just got out the checkbook. When we came back the next day to finalize the deal we brought the dog for her approval. She ran in back, jumped up and claimed the bed. Done deal.

The price was so-so but they gave us a great deal on the trade in. It had more bells an whistles than I could believe or wanted to pay for new.

Oh and we liked the floorplan
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #26
I bought this 5'er because it was ruggedly built and would not fall apart over the near future. The very few problems I had were addressed by the factory in short order. It is framed in steel all around and is heavy. Strength requires heavy. This is my first and last RV. I am going to full time until it is no longer possible for me to travel due to old age. I am 70 now.

It is large enough to be comfortable (30') and small enough to fit in most old CG's. With 3 -70 gallon tanks and a solar system that really works, it is great for boondocking in remote areas which I do frequently and comfortably. The rear kitchen has adequet counter space and cabinets, much more than side kitchens.
Ralph & Snickers
2006 3500 Chevy Dually - 8.1 - Allison
2006 30' New Horizon - Solar
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #27
Decided I wanted a Beaver Coach, but knew I couldn't afford one. Saw this one at a nearby dealer and liked it too much right away. His price was way over my budget so I didn't even talk to him about it. Went back again later in summer and he remembered I had been there and when he asked me what I would pay for it, I told him an amount way lower than whet he was asking but in my budget range and after he got done moaning and complaining about how much he would lose, he said if you want it at that price it is yours. I couldn't believe my ears and didn't take too long before I said ok. I really like the floorplan with the large kitchen and the large salon and kitchen slide. It has been a good coach for me and I have been very happy with it.
Now I am looking to upgrade to a newer model as it will probably be the last one I will buy as I am not getting any younger and I love being out in the coach.

98 Beaver Monterey, 3126 Cat
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gas Card | Wash »