Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Your Choice

Why did you choose your current RV?
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DRosedale,
Floor plan sells the coach and that is why we purchased what we have. We have seat belts for 8 and sleeping for 7. If we had another air mattress we could sleep 8.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our 1st MH had a major electrical meltdown at 15 months old. After 3 months of repairs, we decided that we weren't ever going to feel safe in it again. I had seen the UFO chassis at a couple of RV shows and really liked it. When we decided to trade we went looking at RV's on the UFO chassis. Bought the one we now have because of the floor plan, full wall slide and the king size bed.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
It was a fixer-uper, so the price was right, it had a big slide, new tires, good drive train and no real damage. It's now been modified to our liking and still under NADA.
pkunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kitchen Counter Space. My wife needs enough counter space to roll out biscuits. Most RV's just don't have it. Our Bounder does. We have a great relationship: she likes to cook, I like to eat!
rewaters49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Test drove 2 other fleetwood models wife said it rode ruff test drove the rev. Boss said this is it and she liked the floor plan also.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours had a floorplan we really liked, the drivetrain and 22.5 wheel size I wanted, was way under book and had low miles. It was the end of a 2 1/2 year search for us!
Rod
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why did I choose my Damon INtruder.... Well we went to the RV show and it was the only bath and a half model. 2-holes, no waiting, you can't know how good that is till you live in a one-hole house.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had 3 different 5ers over the years while young enough to do all the set up, hook up, etc. etc. Got lazy when I retired and wanted something that all the 5ers had plus a livable floorplan.

You'll see that word "floorplan" in almost every reply.

Dave
Old 05-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
It wasn't a pop-up, it was new, we already had the truck, and the price was right. Oh and the floorplan too.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #11

I knew I wanted twin beds. I wanted a classic MH that didn't cost a lot to buy. I wanted another MH (my third) to see if the new wife likes campng in one. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money to find out she didn't and/or to have it sit outside unused since she still works. Spent much more on fixing it up that it cost to buy, but it gets us to the campground, she (da wife) likes to go and am in the process of finding a much newer model. When I buy my next one this one may go to the national kidney foundation as a donation.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It maybe 22 years old, but you cannot get the quality now that is in this old Avion and we have less than $15,000 total invested in the trailer.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Floorplan, motorhome, build quality. We needed a larger rig than our 5th wheel and wanted bunk beds so the main living area doesn't have to go dark and quiet at bedtime for kids and we didn't have to convert a couch or dinette daily to their bed. We wanted a motorhome for the travel convenience over the 5th wheel. We liked the build quality of the Winnebagos. All of that led to our new motorhome.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
We had been looking at all kinds of RVs and happened to see a class 'A' Bounder 35U or something like that...(1&1/2 bath model). We really liked it but there was no way we could buy new (didn't make sense anyway...to us).

Saw our coach on E-bay just 7 minutes before the bidding closed. Great pictures of the RV and it had 17K miles on it. The HR has the 1&1/2 bath feature w/two toilet bowls instead of the one in the Bounder...NO WAITING! The price was RIGHT and we bid $100 over the current bid with 2 minutes to spare. We won! Let the heart attack begin. All turned out well and although we are VERY happy with the purchase, we definitely don't recommend buying large purchases this way. We both were physically ill until we layed eyes on it and SWORE we'd not do that again...too stressful! So what did we do? Bought the Jeep the same way...GEEZ, I can't take this any more!! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gas Card | Wash »