Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wonder what they would have to say when this group booked a rally and then rolled in:
Vintage RV Rally

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talking

I'm ready for the Rally,,,,,,Let's go!!!!! So is, Ma,,,,,Bubba,,,,,and Sally Mae.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is a common issue.. My belief is that campgrounds that invoke a 10year rule have more business than they can cope with and thus they don't need mine. Even if my rig is only a 4year old
Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #32

sorry . hit wrong button
Old 03-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tis ok, do it all the time...
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #34

Ya'll just made me realize that my '99 Jayco will soon be or already is unacceptable in many parks - of course, since it's a Class C it is already unacceptable in a park just down the street from me - CLASS A's only allowed! No campers, no class C's, no trailers - makes ya wonder where they think their future income will come from with the economic downturn and all the high end mfgs going out of business????
Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
[quote=elp70;480742]Ya'll just made me realize that my '99 Jayco will soon be or already is unacceptable in many parks - of course, since it's a Class C it is already unacceptable in a park just down the street from me - CLASS A's only allowed! No campers, no class C's, no trailers - makes ya wonder where they think their future income will come from with the economic downturn and all the high end mfgs going out of business????[/quote

Maybe they will have to....Change there minds or disappear!!!! I just hope our interest in Rving and our lifestyles Doesn't go the ways of Route 66!!! Could just see it now..50 year old coaches and a show once in awhile...God help us!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #36

After having worked in 2 RV parks in the last 3 years we know to ask when we call a new place for a rez. I recently called for a rez at a park in Tombstone, and asked if there was an age restriction. the owner said, "No we allow kids as long as you watch them." I told him my only child is 21, currently deployed to Iraq and I really doubted he be joining us. What I really meant was the age of the rig. He laughed and said," We don't discriminate! As long as you can drive it in when your rez begins and drive it out when it ends, that's all we care about." Now THOSE are my kind of people!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #37

What a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doula View Post
Devin... I would be interested to hear of your experiences when you get back from this resort. I'd like to hear of your perceptions given that you have an older coach versus those who regularly visit with brand new coaches. Mine will be beyond the 10 years come 2011 so I will be curious as to whether I should ever consider staying at a place like this or not. Thanks!

~Lori
Well, we made it back (this being our first real trip other than driving it home from OR to CO) and now have a list of items to work on for the next trip. We had a great time, the resort was nice and the staff very friendly and helpful. This was NOT a coach only resort and when we took a look around found that there were many other RV's that were clearly more than 10 years old. So that being said, I'm sure there are those high class "resorts" out there, but this park seemed to be a pretty average mix of high $$ coaches along with TT's, toy haulers, and class C's. They also had a lot of semi-permanent mobile homes, which leads me to believe that their rule is more to cater to some sort of HOA for those that spend a majority of their time living in that community. By the way, the park is Islander RV Park in Lake Havasu and other than the inconvenience of hauling trash a long ways if you're on the peninsula, I recommend it.

Now on to the repairs, etc. I'll post up some new threads with some questions I have on those items.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #38

Hey everyone.. new here... was just reading along, intrigued by the 10-year old rule places have. What a crock!

I had a tail-wagger few years back. Now I'm the owner of what I've learned might be considered a "Vintage" motorhome! (and here I thought it was just OLD!) LOL. I was pleasantly surprised when WDOL told me I didn't have to have emissions testing! Oh MY!

I have a 1983 Coachmen President 33' named Ethel
We (2 adults, 3 kids[12, 11, 8] and a yorkie!) just spent about 10 days camping (I guess even 'boondocking' - no hookups) at Stevens Pass, WA. Ethel kept us warm and dry while the snow kept accumulating outside! And heck, even most of our Snowboarding clothes dried overnight!

Watch out here we come!

Glad to be here! I'm sure I'll benefit greatly from everyone's experiences and posts! I only hope someday one of mine would do the same!

-CindyLu (now doesn't that sound like I should be right there with Granny and Ellie Mae???)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Hi CindyLu,
Welcome to iRV2. I think the 10 year old rule mentioned in your post is for some private condo type resorts. Since each site is privately owned, the owners can do what they want.

Anyway, post often so all of us can enjoy your adventures (and sometimes mis adventures).
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not just the condo-type apply this rule. One place in the area will let us in with the Boomers rally, but they will not let an older rig in without the rally. Some folks we know with an bit newer Award trailer that is very well kept were told they would not accept a reservation since it was over 10 years old. Last time we were there for a rally, we were the oldest trailer by about 25 years.

Ken
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #41

Question?
Why would anyone want to go someplace where there not wanted?
Not me.
I never go back to ----any---campground I don't feel welcome;---- period.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Its gonna get worse before it gets better!! I think in time, the different rv parks are going to start taking in anyone again as there isn't going to be as many people going down the highways as before. That means change the rules or go out of business!!! Some out there are already changing!! Just a case of getting to big for there heads!!! or thinking with the wrong one.....