Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
Member
 
PeterS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 91
110 Fridge conversion

I'm getting ready to install a 110 fridge, inverter and two designated batteries. How do you switch the fridge from Shore power to inverter, without actually unplugging it?

Thanks Peter
__________________

__________________
1990/2014 30ft Gulf Stream Sun Clipper
and a couple of bikes
exit 100 NJ
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Varies Depending on The Weather
Posts: 8,517
You would need to buy an inverter that has an internal transfer switch to switch back and forth.

Or just purchase a high quality PSW inverter and let the fridge run on the inverter 100% but making sure that your battery charger you are using to charge the fridge batteries will replenish them sufficiently.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
__________________

__________________
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
emoney's Avatar
 
Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hudson, FL
Posts: 184
+1 on Dr4Film's advice. You can dedicate the "plug" to your new battery system for neatness. Just asking, but why go this route as opposed too to just leaving the fridge to run on the current system? For boondocking, or to have the fridge running while driving? Thinking about doing a "Home-Fridge-Swap" myself.
__________________
Eric, Melanie and little Maddie, 15lbs of Malti-poo energy
1984 Southwind Eagle I (she might be old but she's capable)
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere I guess?
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
+1 on Dr4Film's advice. You can dedicate the "plug" to your new battery system for neatness. Just asking, but why go this route as opposed too to just leaving the fridge to run on the current system? For boondocking, or to have the fridge running while driving? Thinking about doing a "Home-Fridge-Swap" myself.
A 3 way would allow you to run it while driving, powered by 12v. I wouldn't go with a compressor fridge unless I was going to be in RV parks 99% of the time and the other 1% of the time, I'd just go without a fridge. I'd run a 12v cooler or use an ice chest.
__________________
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Member
 
PeterS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 91
Thanks for all the good advice. I've found a two way 110v switch from blue sea that would work, but a self switching inverter sounds good too. I currently don't have a fridge and the feedback on the 3 way didn't sound encouraging.
__________________
1990/2014 30ft Gulf Stream Sun Clipper
and a couple of bikes
exit 100 NJ
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fridge



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.