Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #29

Started the tear down, Yup I am now into this project. Oveerall it's not bad. Some water damage here and there. Black tank vent on the roof needs replace, both roof vents leaking, and some other small areas. Also found that birds nested in there at some point. The upper fridge vent has been replaced and bug screen added, so the PO must have done this at some point.

Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #30

Over Easter (Since it was at my sisters house) I did the Temporary seat fix. I duct taped all of the rips, tears, holes on the front bench seat and then put a nice seat cover on it. Till I find what I want in there this will get me by.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #31

Amazing what a person can do with duck tape. lol

You should look up a few youtube videos on reupholstering a bench seat. It's surprisingly easy.

Oh yeah, I discovered something if you ever decide to pull up the linoleum. That black glue is water soluble, just spray the gunk with water, lay news papers down over it and spray those wet. Wait a hours making sure it stays damp, then pull up the news paper and glue, scrape a little and then wash down with bleach water. Glue GONE, no sanding.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Amazing what a person can do with duck tape. lol

You should look up a few youtube videos on reupholstering a bench seat. It's surprisingly easy.

Oh yeah, I discovered something if you ever decide to pull up the linoleum. That black glue is water soluble, just spray the gunk with water, lay news papers down over it and spray those wet. Wait a hours making sure it stays damp, then pull up the news paper and glue, scrape a little and then wash down with bleach water. Glue GONE, no sanding.
I will look into the reupholster videos. I was actually thinking more along the lines of a seat from a newer ram (04 - 06, somewhere around there-ish) so that my wife can have her heated power leather seats.

I really appreciate the tip on the flooring, always good to know!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #33

Sadly this is now for sale. If you have any interest let me know. It does run/drive but tires need replaced. I do have 16" rims to replace the 16.5's that are there now.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
Sadly this is now for sale. If you have any interest let me know. It does run/drive but tires need replaced. I do have 16" rims to replace the 16.5's that are there now.
Ok gotta ask... why?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Ok gotta ask... why?
Life... We still have our old trailer and we are keeping that at a friends house for a little bit.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #36

awww Man! I'm sorry life has taken a turn for the worse. If you need $$ saving ideas, hit me up via PM. Hubby and I just completed 1 year of his being employed after 4 years of neither of us working. (I've not worked since 2006)

I am happy to share any tricks if you need that sort of thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #37

Quote:
awww Man! I'm sorry life has taken a turn for the worse. If you need $$ saving ideas, hit me up via PM. Hubby and I just completed 1 year of his being employed after 4 years of neither of us working. (I've not worked since 2006)

I am happy to share any tricks if you need that sort of thing.
I appreciate it, I am hoping for the best right now.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #38

Good news! Thanks to a buddy with some land I get to keep the coach. I can't work on her much still. But I have hope I will in the future!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
Good news! Thanks to a buddy with some land I get to keep the coach. I can't work on her much still. But I have hope I will in the future!
That's great, just try keep the MICE from taking over.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING View Post
That's great, just try keep the MICE from taking over.
I do worry about that, I will be going out there randomly to check on it. My buddy will also keep an eye on it for me.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #41

Oh that is good news! I hope other things in your life improve too. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #42

We have always had a lot of respect for the Mitchells. They have always made the best RVs and the local dealer way back when was a good friend. Its a shame Mitchell kind of ran out of steam around the early 80s, they were pioneers of chassis mount and pickup campers. Yours is cherry and should be tons of fun. As for driving the new dodge you have is probably much nicer to drive..
boxdin is offline   Reply With Quote