Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #1

1969 Aloha Electrical Question

Hello All,

I just purchased a 1969 17' Aloha Travel Trailer. I am completly stumped by a 12v electrical issue. Nothing that is 12v works, the trailer has 12v lights and a 12v toilet but nothing works..

All the 120v works fine if I have it plugged in but the toilet, sink pump, and a couple lights only run off of the 12v system.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am completly lost and can't find wiring diagrams or any info on the system.

Thanks for any advise!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #2

Elite- Welcome to iRV2!! And congrats on your new baby which sounds like a hoot.

You'll need to add some info, especially since your unit is rare at least due to age. It is likely the 12V goes from a battery to a distribution/fuse panel of some sort. If the Aloha has a charger, that may also incorporate the fuse panel, and it may be involved in the lack of 12V. If you have a charger, I'd plan on replacing it, as old chargers of that era are not very friendly to batteries and the newer style 3-stage chargers are great.

Poke around, snap some photos and post them here for some deeper thinking and advice on diagnosing the problem. You can find the process for posting photos here, see post #7.