Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #1

1970 Starcraft Starliner Class A Motorhome

Still a few items left to restore on this old gal!

I've got to figure out the shift linkage adjustment on the 318, it's all over the place.

After 5 years of dealing with CA DMV, I finally got it titled and registered as the dealer went bankrupt right after I got it.

I'd like to talk to anyone else who has one or might want of these. Only 12 of the 19 footers were made.

Mark
petnetwork@me.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	15278   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	15279  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232.jpg
Views:	2021
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	15280   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	15281  

PetNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Very cool!! Years ago my father in law owned one of these, however i'm not sure of the length. I think it may have been a litle longer. I currently have a 1990 Starcraft class A. It was their second attempt at building class A motorhomes and they did a good job except they were expensive ( 36 ft.-- $118,000.00)
for a gas coach! Good luck and happy motoring!!
BigJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice 1 of 12 seems cool. Hope you can get parts if you need to.
the 318 sounds good aslo. Those are good engines.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Great looking rig..love it.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #5

Great rig. I am the newest owner of the 'Almost a toyhauler" 1970 Starcraft Starcruiser posted a few years back. Has anyone confirmed the front windshields are from a 57-91 Ford C series COE fit?
L8asusul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8asusul View Post
Great rig. I am the newest owner of the 'Almost a toyhauler" 1970 Starcraft Starcruiser posted a few years back. Has anyone confirmed the front windshields are from a 57-91 Ford C series COE fit?
It only makes sense for the mfg. to use another company's windscreen. there is a lot of money on the design work.
If you look in the corners of the glass you can find some numbers. Write it all down and then start comparing it to numbers in a ford of the year range and models you suspect what it came from. the glass will even have dates codes as well i believe.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #7

Oh man that thing is cool!
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
It only makes sense for the mfg. to use another company's windscreen. there is a lot of money on the design work.
If you look in the corners of the glass you can find some numbers. Write it all down and then start comparing it to numbers in a ford of the year range and models you suspect what it came from. the glass will even have dates codes as well i believe.
Picked up a used Driver side windshield from a 72 C600 truck. It has the right curvature but is too short for mine. I have the two piece windshield. most 19's have a three piece using the left and right sides from a C Series Ford with a flat section in between. Looking at your picture I see you have the three piece glass. If you are ever in the San Fernando Valley area and want the glass you are welcome to it. I found a few places that will do new glass for the C Series for $124 to $185 installed. I will be trying to find someone that can order the C Series with a longer surface. I reached Lester Miller, former VP at Starcraft and he confirmed the fitment.
L8asusul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #9

Brand new and a little late

Hey there! I hope you're still using this forum...
I just bought a 19' 1970 Starcruiser myself. Curious if yours came with an owners manual or you were able to find one somewhere?
Or if anyone had any tips/ideas on where to find something like this, that would be awesome. I'm waking up for day 2 of this new adventure.
bethaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaknee View Post
I just bought a 19' 1970 Starcruiser myself. Curious if yours came with an owners manual or you were able to find one somewhere?
Or if anyone had any tips/ideas on where to find something like this, that would be awesome. I'm waking up for day 2 of this new adventure.
I just bought one and I have the manual. Contact me. I would like to see pics too.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaknee View Post
Do you have a pic of your Starcraft? I'd love to see if it is one of the one's I've seen before or a new one.

I wonder how hard it would be to pick an RV event in a central location and get as many of these together as we can at one time.

It seems like these are just starting to come out of the woodwork.
70Starcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Starcraft View Post
Do you have a pic of your Starcraft? I'd love to see if it is one of the one's I've seen before or a new one.

I wonder how hard it would be to pick an RV event in a central location and get as many of these together as we can at one time.

It seems like these are just starting to come out of the woodwork.
great idea

Tags
motorhome