Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #15

Well , I now own this RV ... more details tomorrow when its light out again . Tires are 16" so price shouldn't be as bad . Waiting for AAA to tow it to my house . That was $94 well spent . Can't wait to get to work on it .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #16

Well after AAA wasting 3 hours of my time and sending the wrong truck to do the job , it won't be towed untill tomorrow . They wanted me to sign a damage waiver before they towed it saying if they damaged the wheels , tires , bumper, or entire front end they would not be liable . The sent the wrong truck that was two wide to get under the wheels so they were going to use a sling . Total bs .... I told them to get the right truck which they refused to do untill tomorrow . I will be having a long conversation with the manager at AAA tomorrow morning . I can only imagine how bad this would have been if I was out on the road and needed a tow from them .

Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #17

Towing insurance isn't cheap, so I do understand their issues. And AAA (American Automobile Assn&gt does not own tow trucks, they only contract with towing companies, so they can provide their members with services.

Don't be surprised if you have to pay for this tow. Big dollars!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #18

Well, just got her home . The driver was great and did an excellent job towing it without any damage . Its raining here , so it will be tomorrow before I can get any pics or start woking on it . So much to learn .
Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #19

Congrads on the purchase.

I think the following statement pretty much sums it up.

"Time And Money"

I will be looking forward to your rebuild,pictures,and help where ever I can.

Welcome aboard!!!!.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yepper!! Include me in too!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #21

Been tinkering with it today . Replaced a few light bulbs and tried out as much stuff as I could . The furnace works great . Its a ducted unit and has a tear in one of the ducts I'll have to fix .

With a little starting fluid , the generator fired up and coughed for a minute or two and then it ran great from then on . Need to replace a section of pipe for its exhaust and do some rewiring so I can totally start it up and shut it of from inside . I was impressed how well it ran with year old gas in the tank .

The roofs the first thing I am going to spend $$ on , just want to figure out what I want to do with the inside incase placement of pipes and other cutouts change so I can plan ahead and do it right . I need to measure my vents and stuff and get some new ones ordered to start the roof . Considering removing the norcold fridge and putting an ac only unit in . That way I could place the fridge on the other side of the rv with the rest of the kitchen stuff and not cut a new hole in the side for the vent .

Having a generator and all , is there any real benefit to keeping the old fridge to run off propane ? If the vent went out the roof like the newer ones I wouldn't care as much .The fridge works good , freezer gets nice and cold running on lp gas , haven't tried the ac portion of the fridge yet .In really nice shape for its age .

I'll try and gets some pictures tomorrow if the weather is decent, but I want to change the layout inside . The previous owner remodled the interior in 94 . A lot of the available space is taken up for storage with drawers or cabinets .

I found an original brochure for this model RV on eBay for $13 . might just have to get it just to see what it looked like when new before I decide on anything .
Old 04-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
If that fridge works on both propane and 110volt I would keep it, If it is shot then maybe the 110 volt might work for you but the propane will work better than running the generator as it doesn't use as much as most people think. They are really efficient and are lighter too!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #23

Here are some pics did some work today

Here's the dining area, which turns into a bed.

The cab area with a bed up above.

The kitchen

The fridge

Bathroom/Shower

The well.... you know!

The bedroom

One bed/couch

Our two very good helpers!

Me ripping up the beds
Old 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #24

Got give ya a "at a boy".Looks kind of nice.what ya find on the roof repair?.I might suggest you get after that A.S.A.P.because you don't want to create work with any more damages.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #25

I am getting on it . Just shopping around for the best price for the material . Going to call some local places monday , so far $190 + shipping is the best price I have found for the epdm roof for 8'6" by 26 feet . Going to pick up some big tarps tomorrow to use in the meantime . Not going to replace anything inside , just tearing out the stuff I want to change to plan ahead for the new .
Old 04-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Congrats on the find and buy!! Looks like it is somewhat laid out like ours!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #27

Do you have any inside pic's of yours ?
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
check out the pic's on my thread at the bottom of my signature.