Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #57

None this past week , its been crappy weather here most of the week . Tornado warnings and sirens a few times . I went outside when the sirens went off and it was crazy . The clouds to the left of my house went one way and the clouds to right went another way . I could see the right clouds rotating slightly , but no tornado came of it . Just lots of rain and lightning . We got over 3 inches of rain in a matter of hours , with more the next day . One of my sump pumps failed and had 2 1/2 inches of water on one side of the basement .

Went out and checked out the MH and all is good , nice and dry inside at least . Couldn't work on the MH all week so I picked up a 38" Murray riding mower , bought a 40ci 14hp Twin flathead briggs for it . Ditched the deck and all of the stuff I didn't need and painted the frame with some 2005 Nissan sunburnt orange metallic . Did some changing on pully size and I bet it goes 30 mph in 5th gear now yay .
At least I had the garage to work on it during the bad weather . Here's a pic after the paint , with the hood on it just rattle can black primer to see if I wanted it black or orange .

forcedfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #58

I did something like that for my son. I got a hold of a murray 36" also but mine was an older one. we did it up in a "RAT ROD" look with it. I have to get some updated pic as we are adding some new stuff. but here is what we have.

Here is one of the mods we are building.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #59

Nice .... I like it . I'll have to show my wife just to prove I'm not crazy for modding ours lol . I like the 8ball shifter . I had planned on putting one on mine . Got the engine in mine working good. When you set it on the lowest idle , sounds like a 68 Camaro with a cam and rocks the whole thing back and forth . Did you change the pulley sizes on yours ? I went from a 6 1/2" on back to a 3" and so far 5th gear is only running around 15mph . I am thinking anout dropping down to a 2 inch in the back and going a little bigger up front . I'll have to get some recent pics of mine with the motor in and maybe a short video of it idling . I like the style of your front end . I think I am going to ditch the hood and stuff from mine and go with something older and boxy . Just makes it look too modern . Thanks for sharing the pics Freebie.

Anyone else on here got some cool riding mowers ?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thats one of the benefits of rving in the southwest!!! No Grass!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:02 AM   #61

oh I dont' use that to mow. it's all show for the kid now. we built this because he would go with me to car shows and say " Dad I wish I had a car " so I did the best I could do and I built this. He's enjoyed it so far, but we are looking at building a one off go cart soon as a training session for building his first car. we have plans to build a 1/2 scale replica of a late 20's early 30's ford hot rod pick up. probably going to power it off of a motorcycle engine and trans. depends on what I can find and what I can afford.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #62

Yeah .... mine's not for mowing either . Just for having fun with the kids.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ahh...Updates????
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #64

UGHHH !!! Sadly no . I have been too busy with work to touch it . Thats the bad thing about being self employed , its hard to turn down the work when the $$$'s coming in .Still hoping to get it going to take out at least once this year . Hope you guys have a happy and safe 4th of July .
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yepper, I know what you mean!!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #66

Hi, alls

My name is Kenny. I have a 72 Kayot 22ft Motor Home in Japan. I bought it at California Feb, 08. It was good condition in and out, but I could not drive it as was parked deep inside of backyard.

The engine sound was nice, and no carbon deposit and oil was found at tail pipe. Generator worked. I could not checked other appliances as the time was getting evening and I must back to Japan tomorrow morning.

It is very difficult to find to change front window shield in Japan, and I asked my friend to pickup the Kayot and replace the glass. In anyway, It arrived to Yokohama, Japan middle of May. I did the custom clearance by myself to save money which I payed not cheap money for sea freight.

It was my first experience to drive such a big RV. Although 22 foot is common size in US, but Kayot is very big size in Japan. There was not any trouble to drive it back to my parking place 30 mile away from port. Due to big traffic congestion, it terribly bad milege about 5 mpg.

I have been fixing many points on this Kayot. But I am still learning about the all systems. I hope I will be able to share my knowledge and request your help to restore my 72 Kayot.

Thanks,

Kenny
Ken Noshita is offline   Reply With Quote