Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to uluvpoems2
1977 Holiday Rambler

The problem child,
Well on to my next challenge in the world of RV-ing. This unit (1977 Holiday Rambler) has 2 air conditioners. Now I am hooked up to a 30amp power supply. The rear unit will not come on. I have looked high and low for maybe a switch for the rear unit. I have tried the thermostat…no luck there. It just appears to not have any power to it, so where am I missing the mark? Thanks in advance for your help.
uluvpoems2
uluvpoems2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

If you are on 30 amp power you can only run one ac at a time unless you run the generator with the shorepower. Not sure on yours, but I have a switch for front/rear air down near the floor on the passenger side under the closet behind a little door that looks like a drawer. Did any of that make sense? Wait, I'll take a picture.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #3

Quietwater,
Now I like that handle! Well I cannot find a switch like you have. It may
very well be connected to when the generator is running. I need to charge the secondary batteries in order to fire off the generator. That seems to be my only option unless you have a solution you haven't covered. Thanks for your kind help in this matter.

Respectfully,

uluvpoems2

PS:

FACES OF EVIL

Monday’s face was the same as we started our pace,
Tuesday’s face is when terror rang with total disgrace,
Wednesday’s face humiliated us with sorrow and woe,
Thursday’s face gave us hope as we waited to know,
Friday’s face showed despair as we wept with fear,
Saturday’s face displayed our nations eagle with a tear,
And our faces were humbly bowed before God on Sunday
To give us understanding for the evil that came our way.

Epaphroditus© September 11, 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietWater View Post
If you are on 30 amp power you can only run one ac at a time unless you run the generator with the shorepower. Not sure on yours, but I have a switch for front/rear air down near the floor on the passenger side under the closet behind a little door that looks like a drawer. Did any of that make sense? Wait, I'll take a picture.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
My MH is also set up with 30 amps now. It has a three way light switch that uses a hot from generator for one hot leg and a hot from load center/converter/charger. This switch is a light switch, looks just like any other home light switch. Maybe yours has one of these and you have not recognized it as such. You can tell a three way home switch from regular two way (on-off) switch by the number of connections on it. The regular on-off switch has two contacts and the three way has three ...............hope this helps...............ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #5

I have a 1985 HR Presidential with two AC units. Only the front works when plugged into electric and the rear is wired to only work with the generator on. the generator will run both the front and rear. There is no switch to run the rear air when you are plugged into electric. I'm told it was built that way.
LBLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #6

Thank you very much!!! I have looked everywhere for a switch that doesn't exsist Now I had a noice coming from under the frig, turns out to be the relay for the steps....and I don't know where to find a replacement. I feel it can be repailed...only one of two relays. Any ideals on this? Have a blessed day, and thanks again for your help!

uluvpoems2

QUOTE=LBLyon;965274]I have a 1985 HR Presidential with two AC units. Only the front works when plugged into electric and the rear is wired to only work with the generator on. the generator will run both the front and rear. There is no switch to run the rear air when you are plugged into electric. I'm told it was built that way.[/QUOTE]