Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #127

The nice part is how that it is patched, I can use the head without feeling like I'm gonna fall into the black tank. . .

Feeling more like a home, and less like a refuge. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #128

Hey, anyone have a good way to remove the bits of dried glue that squidged up from the cracks between the tiles when I was walking on them? Also a good way to get teh old glue off of the trowel would be good. . . the Galley patch looks so dirty that I really want to wash it first, but I'm worried about setting it up for mold/rot if I do. . .

Also, who in thier right minds puts *carpet* on the entryway floors? Oh, wait, these are the same people that put particle board down as subflooring in teh head and galley. . . What was I *thinking* "right minds" indeed. . .

Old 08-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #129

Vintage RV Owners Club
Try lacquer thinner on the tools and it may work on the floor too, but not to sure about the floor. That was what I used on my tools when I was putting the fridge back in and the paneling above the fridge. I also had that liquid nails on my spreader and it took that off the tools too!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #130

Hmmm, I was also told "Mineral Spirits". . .
I'm gonna try just peeling it off the tools for a while too.I have been doing it a bit at a time while watching TV, and it seems to come off pretty well. still major sticky too even after this long after the project. I'm impressed!!

Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #131

Vintage RV Owners Club
There isn't much difference between the two so, Whatever you have should work! Good work!!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #132

Well, what I *have* is "Elbow Grease". . .

I spent the day chasing down a couple of components for my new (to me) computer system. This will be built into what is now the base cabinet opposite my bed. This base cabinet has two upright cabinets, the power distribution panel, and an access to the plumbing below that. The cabinets on one side (aft) and the rest forward of that (over the wheel well). My plan is to convert this base cabinet into a desk and chest of drawers. the two cabinets will go away, leaving a place for my legs to go when I'm at the desk. the top of the desk will have a cutout where the keyboard tray will go, on an articulate arm (My plan is to have it able to actually retract under the cutout so the desk chair will have room to be nearly flush when the desk is not in use, as well as being able to extend far enough that I could sit on the bed and use the keyboard). The monitor (a 19" flat panel LCD type) will be mounted to the cabinets above using a mounting bracket made for that very purpose.The main computer unit (which is about the size of a standard CD wallet that would hold about 24 CD's) will be strapped to the underside of the desk top, out of the way. I can also mount a secondary unit that would hold a full sized drive under there as well. Where the power distribution panel is now, would be two drawers about the size of a normal dresser. The power panel would be on the forward side of the foot well created by taking the cabinets out. My plan is a complete redesign of the base cabinet in the master cabin.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #133

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
There isn't much difference between the two so, Whatever you have should work! Good work!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mineral Spirits would be your safest choice. If you used the same ten ton commercial tiles that I did, then lacquer thinner would be safe to use... That's what I used on our old pop-up. Check in a small spot first if you're not sure.

Have you thought about using a wireless keyboard & mouse? They eat up batteries (mostly the mouse) but I use those rechargables. Downside to mine (other than the batteries) is that I am just a tad too far from the USB receiver and I tend to lose a letter here and there (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! )
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #134

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that the Microsoft keyboards and mice eat battery's as my brother has one but how about the Logitech models?? I got two of the Logitech mouses that say that they can last over a year!! I know they have a keyboard/mouse combo. Might want to check it out! On another sore subject, Debs computer didn't get destroyed yet!! She can have all the bugs and i will keep on truck'in with XP for now. They had to replace the mother board as the usb plugs are on the board, Can you beleave that?? I know the keyboard was original but I thought they would just fix mine but they put a brand new keyboard. With the hard drive and dvd/cd burner and case is the only thing still original!! That extended warranty has payed for itself! I'm wondering how long before the new one has to hit the repair store?? I have two years yet and she has three so we will see if the upgrades on mine will out last hers. Anyway, I am kinda off subject!! Sorry
Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #135

considering that part of my rebuild is to install a built in computer in my rig, and that the reason for that is that I get increasingly upset with this laptop, your comments are not at all off topic. The computer does come with bluetooth, so I can get one of those if it were an issue. The unit will be mounted under the desk where the keyboard and mouse are going to be attached anyway, so cabling for these is not an issue. I will likely put a small USB hub under there to handle those items. I'm bidding on eBay for the keyboard arm and a cabinet mount for the monitor. The only downside to having the monitor mounted up there is that the video and speaker cables will have to hang down behind it. This is a cosmetic problem that I can address later. Let me see if I can find you a few links to the equipment I'm using in this installation:

the keyboard arm

The desktop computer itself

The monitor

and this is the under cabinet mount for the monitor.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Update The Xp model Pooped out on me yesterdayI think the hard drive went out but I have had it with this one. I'm looking for another one new or remanufactured Model That has a ddr1 ram and a savey processor like a AMD Turion 64, Say a 1.8 or higher speed 80Gig or better hard drive. I'm trying to stay away from Dell and Gateway, Might go a Acer or HP. No way on the Sony for sure! Too fragile! I'm going down to Computer Renaissance. See if they have one. I'd better have a hands on over on-line.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #137

Well, I let the keyboard tray go, and now I'm regretting it. I had overbid on the cabinet mount, and was afraid of over stretching my available funds. After I let the keyboard arm go, I started looking for one online, to see if I could just go that way. . . %$##@%@ those things are expensive!!

I have a bookmark for the cabinet mount for just over what I had bid on it, so I'm not going to up that bid at all. We will see bu tonight if I get that one. Then I'll go hunting for a keyboard arm to replace the one I lost out on. Once the cabinet mount is clear, I'll know how much I have to bid with. . .

Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #138

Vintage RV Owners Club
I was wondering about that when you gave us the link and when I tried it it came up a done site. Good luck with that but I wouldn't know where to turn you to help ya. Maybe they will put another one on E-Bay?? Good Luck, Dan
Old 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #139

They do have another one on ebay. And this guy has several of them. Price is good, but shipping is a bit steep for my blood at the moment. I did get the cabinet mount and at a fairly decent price, so I have more to work with on the keyboard tray. I just have to let my bank account settle down a bit so I do not end up overdrawn. At this point, I have all the hardware in place, or on the way, for the entire setup (minus the task chair and a couple of tools). D**n!! Now I have to start taking pictures!! OK, first I have to clean this place up. A lot. . .

Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #140

OK, starting pictures are taken. I have also had a look at the contents of that Engineering Access. It seems that this base was split into two parts: One being these two cabinets, and forward of that an Engineering area. One dificulty is that the wheel well intrudes into the living area under this cabinet, making some things difficult. For the time being, the things I have to contend with are the routing of heating ducts, wiring, and plubming. At least that is what I see so far. As it looks right now, I'll have to forgo the two drawers, and leave the base of the cabinet in place (I had wanted to take that out, to make room for a chair), unless I get the energy and cash to rewire the whole rig (both the 120VAC and the 12VDC sides). I may learn more on that in dealing with the electrical panel that I want to move to the forward side of the foot well. The hardware for this upgrade is all bought and paid for, and will arrive during the next week. One side effect of this project will be that the computer I have will be a bit less available to me, as the area that I'll be refurbishing was also the old computer area. In order to do this job, I have to move the computer to a storage area and only use it on battery in the work area. This means that most of the pictures will be put up all at once and and captions will be added at that time. My camera has a good large (2Gb ) card, so I will not be running out of room on it. . .