Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #183

been there done that.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #184

Vintage RV Owners Club
Freebie, Click the link! It shows what we saw. I can't beleave that they were still mess'in with the roof!! The rear window is being reordered as someone ordered it the wrong size! And THEY don't have a digital camera that could download the pictures to the company?? I took five and sent them with a nasty-gram! I am P***ed!!!
I am on the road today and we are in Farmington, N.M. and Am going to Denver tomorrow! From there we are going to do some sightseeing in Kansas.. Again! Tweet loves the wizard of oz and I love the space center in Hutchinson.
Anyway I am getting off this thing as it is getting late. Will check in later,

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #185

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey old top, Whats going on these days? Hows that new computer working out? We are in Wisconsin till Weds or Thurs. We will be heading towards home then but have a couple of other stops to make yet. My health was starting to take a toll on me but things are getting a lot better. This trip was just what the doctor ordered. Missed you all,will check in later,
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #186

Well the computer has been a lot of the reason that I have not been posting. I have been getting little to no signal from the marinas WiFi Access Point, and the built in WiFi cannot even connect to it most of the time. I even loaded up the proprietary operating system and even with that, I get two bars of signal at best. So I had to go out and get a cheap gaming bridge that takes the wifi signal and puts it to an ethernet connection. Basically a box that was doing some of what my laptop was doing, without giving new addresses. Because I have been able to duplicate the function of the laptop, I was able to download the data from it, and wipe the drive, making it salable. This was a good thing as I already had it sold, and had been paid for it. So now I'm running my new desktop computer with two operating systems, and will continue to do so until I get all the little glitches out of Linux on this computer. Other than that, i have been spending a lot of time curled up in a little ball on my bed, wishing everything would just end. This last is from my disability, which is messing with me big-time lately.
Due to this. I have not been doing much work at all on Felicity. I need to do some on me first. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #187

Vintage RV Owners Club
These things are such a pita!! Can't live with them and can't live without them!! We are with friends that we met about a year ago and would never have met if not for that little box on my lap!! That is what makes this little box so special! Just think of all the things we wouldn't be able to find out about,The friends,all the tips we all got with this little black box!! Kinda makes ya think!! Myself, I am a bettr person for this little box!!!
Anyway, when we want to chuck the box think about it!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #188

Box under my desk is about the only thing keeping me together at the moment. Thinking right now about giving it a better home (making small mods to the desk area). The wireless inside the box is useless to me at the moment, so I got an external gaming bridge to connect. Should have done that in the first place, actually. Works a lot better than the buggy internal unit. One advantage to having the unit built in permanently is that it takes a lot longer to "chuck the box in the trash", as you have to first unmount it. . .

I've got the thing working well enough that I can actually rely on it for the nonce, and will be able to upgrade the HDD when that is needed. This will, of course, be when they come out with a 2.5" HDD that is large enough to be considered enough of an upgrade to be worth the effort. . .
Oh, and also after I decide what my primary OS will be. I'm using Linux right now, but I may fall back to Panther of even Tiger due to graphics incompatibilities.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #189

Vintage RV Owners Club
Since I had got these two computers I decided to get Upgrade ram chipsets and i put 2 Gigs in this and 2 Gigs in hers, Hers has to be weird!!!! The ddr2 chips are not the right ones, They make 3 different sets of ddr2 chips. just My luck My computer is ok but Hers is one of those that needs a freak chipset! And Tiger direct will have to help me with the upgrade. Got to go buddy as I'm hitting the road tomorrow morning. Check in later,
Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #190

Drive safely, and we will see you on the flip-side.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #191

Gezzzzzzz,Why can't either one of you live closer to me?.I am posting on a Windows 98 Vectra HP.Cursor will only move side to side on the bottom margin.Other wise the cursor will not move.Old computer with a old guy and someone who knows nothing about puters.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #192

Well, the rent here is 435/mo with utilities included (including internet), and I'm in "sunny" California. I'm also near my Spiritual Teacher, which is why I came out here in the first place. Can you do better than that?

So how far away from us *are* you?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #193

Struck in Rochester NY.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #194

Meant stuck-LOL,yea when I get a replacement puter,I'm getting one with a keyboard that spells better.HeHE.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #195

It says with pictures? what page are the photos on?

Idaho/Cambodia
bigbusguy@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, Where are those pictures?????