Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #197

Why, they are right here. They have been linked several times in these pages. Perhaps I'll have to put them in my signature for the folks that are not following all of it. . .

It is just a lot easier to host the images remotely, making for bigger and more numerous pictures.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #198

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well Buddy, how's it going?? Making any headway?? Hope things are getting better!! Now I will be getting busy with the rest of the rebuild. They should be home Friday so I get a day or two getting Dusty 2 done again and then moving the stuff back to dusty from this one and getting some of my weight back down. With nothing to do I have been gaining weight again, Got to get it back down as I don't like it when I am this heavy.
Anyway, I thought I'd say hello and check in later,

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #199

Well, the Cap'n is calling for updates, and you just *don't* keep the Cap'n waiting. . .

the winter weather is setting in here, so there will probably be few if any upgrades/repairs/refits done until spring. I am thinking of a couple though. I've decided that I want to move the computer farther back in the cabinet, and take off that last fronting piece by the back wall. I got a chair at Goodwill that matches my colors (and for less than $15! Can't beat that!), so I'll probably end up ripping out the bottom section, tucking the wires and hoses back to the wall, and just pulling out the heating duct for now, as I do not have a working furnace yet anyway. This will at least give me a place to put the chair when it is not in use, and a place to put my feet/legs when it is in use. Let me see. ..Oh yeah, I'm upgrading my dome lights, and I have all the parts to complete everything aft of the galley, leaving only the commons area to light, and those lights are on their way. I'd put pics up for that, but I'm not convinced that "unscrew the old ones, and screw the new ones in" is really worth the picture. Hmmm, I may put a couple up, just to compare the looks of the two types.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #200

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, You need some warmer weather!! I was looking at the weather in this area and you are getting more of that wet stuff. But then so is our northern area! And my family up in Colorado is getting more of that white stuff too!! Seems I got out of Denver just in time as the mountain passes are most likely snowed in! Good luck with the work on your home and I have a question about your rig, Did you have any roof leaks or was it ok?? I know that It is a PINA to have a leak at 4 am!!
I think we should go bug Fleamarketer!!If he isn't wet and cold...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #201

*sigh*. . . Never underestimate the power of a wild hair. . . Pics in the next few days. I now have a place for my feet when working on the computer.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #202

OK, new pics up here and here.

The first set is at the end of the Computer station set, as it shows me pulling out the false floor, to make leg room there. The second set is at the end of the general rebuild set, showing the replacement dome lights.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #203

The Computer Station is looking good.

Idaho/Cambodia
bigbusguy@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #204

Well, it will be once I get the floor patched and teh top of it cleared off. . . The underside will look better once I get the wires tacked up and the computer remounted. When I redo all of the subflooring in one shot (replacing all of the patches with real solid floor) I'll be putting in flooring on top of it. I'll probably put the false wall in then, and move the shore/city water inlet to the side instead of having it underneath. All of that is way in the future, though. I'd like to redo the sides (three of them really need it, the fourth is just to keep it the same) and roof/ceiling too.

The materials selection in this rig all but forces me to rebuild *everything* on it. Good design, but poorly executed.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #205

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi buddy, I saw the pictures today and they are good work!! I know about the problems with money and this one is costing me a bundle. The HP Printer died the other night and I got a Epson RX595 and seems to work better than the HP. I have a Dell and she has a HP computer and some of our games will flicker and flash and I have changed the settings to compatibility to windows XP, 2000 and even 98SE! No good! Mine has the same system and Mine works like a champ!! I'd say that the computer is the problem! Another thing She has had problems with is when it is starting up, She was getting the blue screen of death, now it is the blank screen of ??? It has the AMD Turion 64X2 and 2 gigs of ram with Vista Home Premium ! Mine has the Pentium M and 2 gigs and runs circles around that HP, and Mine is a rebuilt!! Dell must be a better laptop! Now if I could get my computer to work right!! My blood sugar is all over the place! Its a PINA to get older!! Anyway, I like what you did with the computer and agree with what you plan to do with the wiring and water lines. Catch up with you later,
Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #206

OK, I'm shutting down the computer and going to bed for the rest of the day. I came in her(EDIT: that was supposed to be "here"), one of the safest places I could think of on the web, and there is a fight going on. I cannot deal with that today. things are going downhill right now, and I may be in the hospital by the end of the week if things keep on like this. . .

Old 10-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hang in there buddy!!! I don't know what is going on for sure either but It doesn't really matter to us. its between the forum and Joe, Ok???
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #208

Geez! Did I miss something AGAIN!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #209

Lorna, what you missed was the screaming and cussing match my passenger got into with a couple of young girls (mid to late teen aged) when one of them pushed the other out into the street, causing me to slam on my brakes. Because of the nature of my disability, that was very hurtful to me and left me in a very fragile state, until one of the other campers (actually the Harbormaster ) noticed and asked me to take him away from some difficulties he was having here. We had a nice dinner, and went shopping for a bit. That helped immensely. I now feel halfway human again. I just do not trust that condition to continue. That such a seemingly small issue could send me for that much of a loop is a strong danger signal.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #210

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
...one of the other campers (actually the Harbormaster ) noticed and asked me to take him away from some difficulties he was having here. We had a nice dinner, and went shopping for a bit. That helped immensely. I now feel halfway human again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AW.. that was nice for both of you.

One of my kids gets depressed alot (she works for Dollar Tree and gets really irritated by the stupid questions, like... "How much is this?"). She takes St. Johnswort and it seems to help her deal with the frustration and depression. Don't know if it would help you. It does cause problems with some medications (like birth control pills... you don't take those do you???!!! )

I sure hope you feel better.