Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #211
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sanjay R, we can not control peoples actions as to what they say or do but we try to make everyone responsible for their actions so as not to effect every other member.
What goes on in life around us we have no control over sometimes but I can enjoy all that you and others have done thru your hard work and pictures do show what you have done for this Vintage forum.
To me this forum is a great escape from what can go wrong around us I wish you and the others the best in your endeavors to complete your challenging rebuilds.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #212

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorna:
It does cause problems with some medications (like birth control pills... you don't take those do you???!!! )

I sure hope you feel better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I had the surgery instead.

I'm trying something out out of Russia, but I think what is wrong with me is too much for natural remedies to handle. Well, it is also more emotional than physical or chemical. the screaming match between my passenger and the kids outside stirred up intrusive memories of my dad screaming at me just before beating the &lt;contents of a black tank&gt; outta me. That often happened for no reason I could understand, so I started looking for reasons, and came to the conclusion that any small error on my part could caiuse that. I also lived most of my life thinking that was *normal*, and to be *expected*. so if it did not happen, I would tense up waiting for it to happen. In effect, I did the same thing to myself after my dad stopped doing it to me. This has put me in the hospital repeatedly, and makes it impossible to work, as I'm constantly waiting to be beaten when I try to. I had a small window when I was doing fairly well, but I can feel myself falling back down int that hole (again). It is why I'm on disability. There are all kinds of pain, some physical, and some not. The physical kind is sometimes easier to live with.

As far as on-topic stuff, I finally got all the lights changed out (the last ones came in to my supplier), except for the one I have to solder an extension onto. Just haven't gotten around to that one. The computer is strapped back under the desk, and I moved it a bit to the left so It would clear the keyboard more easily. I can leave the keyboard at a comfortable position and still slide it under the desk now. The cover for the fuel filler tube has become a favorite footrest for the time being, until I do the major work on the rig.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #213

Hey,you're doing better than me. The next couple of months mean I do no work at all on the RV and put all my time into the flip. But that does mean big return when finished (ran all our numbers... we bought $10K under what our max bid worked out to). We will probably be staying in TN for the winter and that means we will have to find a place to rent. The RV is not set up for cold weather use right now.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #214

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi buddy, Hows it going? You enjoying that new toy there? Hope you are ok, and I will check in later,
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #215

Well, I finally got around to putting in teh last of the new lights in. Heh, found the same light off of an add that was running here. ..They called them "Euro Style". All I can say is that it is a lot easier to have the light that I want, where I want it, now.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #216

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear it buddy!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #217

Vintage RV Owners Club
We keep passing each other all the time lately! Have you heard anything out of Lorna? I got a e-mail I can share if you are interested? I got it last week one day I think. I have been having problems with the router and our laptops. Hope they get out sp1 soon for Vista. Its due soon. Hope ya are ok and I will try and get here tomorrow,
Old 11-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #218

Sorry for falling off the edge of the planet there for a while. Just been feeling crappy (is that word OK?) and I haven't really been doing a whole lot on Felicity recently.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #219

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, They didn't take it out so it is one of the ok words! I have been busy now that I have the coach back. Now to add to the problems, i have to find another place to park our home as My aunt is getting ready to sale the place and move to a assisted living place. My cousin and her daughter are all getting a trailer somewhere on the other side of town and I am trying to find a camp that I can work on the coach and still be in the rv. Most of the courts here won't let you work on your home and that puts a crunch on things! My Blood Sugar is starting to settle down some. I think it was the stress!! And it is starting to stay under 130 and above 80 so thats good! But a few days ago it was over 200 to almost 300. Not good!! My weight is still about the same but If I can work on the coach, I will loose more. The diet i am on maintains but you can lay around and not gain weight, but I want to be mobile yet and that will have a weight loss that will be good for me.
Will check in later, Almost forgot I got a note from Lorna!! She is busy and don't have much time to be on-line. She said to say hello! So..Hello!!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #220

yeah, I got the "can't work on the rig" problem as well. Not that it makes all that much of a difference, as I can't afford the parts either. I had a job about 100 miles away from here today and when I got home I discovered that the power had gone out while I was gone, due to weather out here, I'm guessing. We had out first real rain today, and it started out slow, so the oil and water stayed on the road for quite a while. Folks were slipping and sliding all over the place, only to be stopped by parts of other cars. . . Must have driven by half a dozen chain reaction wrecks on the way to the job, and saw two happen on the way to lunch! Heck, even I lost traction momentarily a couple of times on the way home, and my car *never* looses traction under normal circumstances! I think the times I lost traction were due to hitting a cross-channel of water (Like a stream running across the roadway) at highway speeds, on a corner, and I hydroplaned for a second. The car recovered extremely well, and there was no noticeable loss of tracking, except at the steering wheel. I could see a person freaking out at that small slip, and slamming on the brakes though. I think that was a lot of what was happening today: people not paying attention and having to brake hard to avoid hitting the car in front, and the second they loose traction, they just jam down on the brake even harder. Pumping the brakes is a lost art I tell you. . . I don't even think they teach it in driving school anymore. so now if you don't have a machine under the hood to do it for you then you are in big trouble. I'm putting that on my list to teach Pria when she gets her permit. Pria is my daughter, and she turns 15 tomorrow (the 11th). I'm getting her a DMV manual as part of her present. She already knows basic car handling, as I taught her that when she was 10. She will be learning on a stick. She will be learning from me. She will also be learning a lot more than the schools teach you. I see too ^&%#&^#&^%$ many little white crosses on the side of the road and I will be d****d if I'm gonna let my daughter be one of them.

As for the note from Lorna, I got one too. I should probably send her a box of Aleve. . .

Old 11-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #221

Vintage RV Owners Club
I was thing about Arctic Pack sleeping bags!!! They are going to get soo cold! I am wondering what the holding tanks look like when turned into blocks of ice?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #222

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sanjay, I'm sorry, I posted to your post on Fleamarketer site instead of yours...Getting old!!
Thats a shame that it had to start leaking. Thats the way mine did. Just all the sudden it was leaking and then..Nothing?? One other thing I forgot on the other post is that they use a plastic or rubber gasket around all the walls and closets ect. to keep the rattles down when going down the road. Seems to work. Coach is a lot quieter than before. Anyway, Good luck with that. If the weather is getting cold up there I would try a tarp till spring when the weather breaks. And that will give you the time to get your money together. Just a thought,
Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #223

Yeah, that is the plan except the Harbormaster says tarps are not allowed. I'll use clear sheeting until the weather clears up and I'll go at the whole thing at once then. I expect close to $600 at least for parts alone. I got some caulk to hold me over until then. I found the whole, pounded it flat, and tried to solder it. that did not work at all, so I'll caulk it this weekend.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #224

Vintage RV Owners Club
I would get a piece of flashing and cut it to where it would overlap about 2" and use caulk and screw it down and then caulk that till next year when You can re-do the roof.