Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #225

Well, I'm down for the count for the next week, it looks like, unless I can get a job or two in the meantime. I'll probably use that time to clean this place up, and caulk the hole in my roof (I hope the one hole was all there is. Need to get a few things for the first aid kit as well, along with a couple of things to take care of my right hand. Tripped while running, and laid a nasty looking deep scrape on the palm as I caught myself. No, I will *not* be putting pics of that up! freaks. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry you did that buddy and No, I don't think we need pictures... I did that once because someone asked???? Yes, I would say Freaks too!! We are getting ready to move to another place as MY aunt has sold her place so we will be out of here on the 4th. Some have said and I am thinking about following there advice, Of parking on the dealers lot till he finishes the rebuild...Yeaah, I could do that!!! It may be a hassle with the police but if they were an rv'er..might be able to pull it off!!!! Anyway I can stay at a friends for awhile till they get the stuff in to finish the rv. Right now I am waiting...And waiting! Try and hang in there and have a great holiday, if at all possible!! A couple of rv friends are leaving here to go back to where they came from as there health is not good so the kids will be taking care of them. I didn't really realize how much I will miss them until I said goodbye today. They were here for me when my sister, brother,Uncle and granddaughter died!It just really hit me today so I am...Crying in my beer tonight! Another thing is that they were for Deb when she lost her Mom and Dad too!! They were more like family than friends. Sorry, I guess I needed to cry for a bit. If anyone says that men don't have feelings and never cry. Walk away from them!!! They are idiots!!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #227

Worse than idiots, but my description of them would get me banned for life from here, as it would include language that you would need mental bleach to clean out of your head. Massive hugs to both of you. remember that they are not actually leaving, as a part of them remains in your heart forever. "have a great holiday, if possible"? Of course it is possible! I am surrounded by great friends and I'm doing a lot better than I was a week ago. Of course, spending a week intensely serving God by serving Gods children may have a bit to do with that. When I fell I had been awake for more than 24 hours, and was running. Not a good combo. Seriously. Actually, that was why I was running. there was a large number of people that were coming out of the hall in that same condition, and if I did not deflect them, they would be wandering into the path of cars driven by people in that same condition. The reason we were all in that condition is that we had just finished an intense spiritual program that had lasted all night. I think the headcount was on the order of 5000 or so. . . That was the situation: lots of people, some walking and some driving. All of them physically and emotionally exhausted. My job was to separate the walking from the driving, as the two do not mix. I was not the only one injured either. One of us (Shuttle Staff) was assaulted by an attendee that was going through some nasty stuff, and another was run over by a car. I'd say that I got off light, in comparison. Both of the other persons were injured because the attendees in question were unwilling to take direction. Their reactions proved that the directions were entirely correct. When I said I was down for the week, it meant that I'm short on fuel, BTW, and I get paid next week so I can fill my tank. I'll likely also get a pair of heaters so I can heat this place better. getting close to freezing, and I swear that these walls have little or no insulation! I also want to caulk the hole in the roof before it rains again in any quantity. The leak I have/had killed one of the new lights, which I now have to replace. . .

Old 11-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #228

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry about the light. You most likely feel about the same as I did when that ceiling leaked this summer after all the work I had already done. I haven't done anything much at all other than get it ready to move Tuesday,that and installing a new Christmas Tree in the bedroom. i can't put it back where we used to, Too many memories...
Old 12-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #229

The light fixture is really a small consideration, compared to how badly it soaked the particle board subflooring in the process. Consider: the light is about $8 to replace (or I could likely repair it). Compare this to replacing two or more sections of subflooring at ~$20 a sheet. . . and I think the roof leak may be my fault anyway. . .
I'm gonna get a good supply fo shorter screws to hang things on the ceiling from now on. . .

Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #230

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sanjay, Please tell me you didn't screw it threw the roof!?? I thought I was the all thumbs idiot around here??!! Human error comes and goes thank God!! Could have been worse, Could have screwed it threw the wiring like I did a few years ago!! Just what I wanted..The forth of July in my rv!! Anyway it can be fixed so thats not to bad I guess. Hang in there buddy and we will get them done sometime, Dan
Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #231

Well, I screwed it to the cieling panel, but I think the screw was too long and stuck through the roof the next time I walked up there. See, the plywood that goes under the aluminum sheeting is all rotted out and so the sheeting sags a bit in places. . . The screws I had available were the 3" ones, and I think I need the 3/4" ones. . .

Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #232

Vintage RV Owners Club
If thats the worst thing you have happen with this rebuild, No sweat!!! Been there and done it too!! I think there is some unwritten law that says we don't have it right without at least one screw up!! In mine...Come to think about it, Don't ask!! Lets just say...more than 2-3..hundred!! Thats why I had someone else do the roof!!! And you can tell I didn't do it, This weekend we got over 2 inches of the rain on the roof and ...no leaks!! If I had done it, Like the last three times...yeah,that...
Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #233

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
I think there is some unwritten law that says we don't have it right without at least one screw up!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No pun intended, right Dan?

Old 12-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #234

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually, It wasn't!! Sorry about that!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #235

What are you sorry for? It was beautiful!!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #236

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sanjay, Its one thing to make fun of your own misfortunes, but not kosher to make fun or a friends misfortune, OK?? I didn't mean to make fun of your mistake, I don't do that to friends unless it was all in good clean fun. Maybe I read in that you were burning from the mistake but if not then it was by accident an came out funny. I guess you were saying it was funny and thats ok .Now I'm confused??? I have been stressing out over mine that I have shut down some this week. I got another place to park for awhile but I don't know for sure how safe it will be. But I only need to be there till they get the stuff to finish my home and we are out of there. I had planned to go to Imperial dam and slab city then a side trip to Indio for the FMCA convention on the 9th of January. Now...... I am trying to be happy for Christmas and I just want to go out and ?? get bombed!!!! Sorry to bum out, I am in a bad space and My family isn't helping much with all the fighting over my aunts property and who's getting what!! This is Christmas and there fighting over all the above POOP!!!!! I would love to just say the heck with this stuff and go fishing but I can't just leave with the coach as about the time I get there I would have to turn around and go back! And if that isn't enough, my blood sugar is all over the place and they want to put me on a different med And may have to change my BP med too! My BP is trying to beat the space shuttle to the space station!! Sorry, I'm in the wrong space.........
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #237

OK, I was not at all upset about the pun (intentional or not). I do not consider that to be poking fun at my misfortune either. I see it more as playing with the language to break the tension. There is weather moving in, so I need to patch that hole before more carp happens, but I enjoy a bit of fun like the next guy. I'm sorry for all the stress this is putting you through. Paying someone else to do the work is supposed to REDUCE that, and yet this whole mess seems to have had the opposite effect. Teh family squabbling over your Aunts *THINGS* is just barbaric. Christmas is a time for family to come together and rejoice in each other's company while remembering the gift we got 2000 years ago. You can even tell them I said so. All this bickering over who gets what can wait until after Christmas. If not, then it sucks to be them, as they will lose much more than anything they could gain in all the squabbling.

My prayers be with you, be at peace.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #238

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Sanjay, i am glad to have you for a friend!!! I agree with you, this is the time for family but in this case they are the last ones right now i want to be with as Our friends are more enjoyable to be with than this one part of the family. If i could I would go up to Denver to be with the family I have there and or Debs family back in Maine. Even my brothers family in W.Va. would be better than this here. My Uncle has to be rolling over in his grave kicking and punching and wanting to strangle his kids!!!
Where I am parking at for the rest of the duration is in a wash area and there is wildlife there and I love that part. I wish I had my camera there yesterday as a young wolf showed up and we exchanged looks and he went his way and i continued to clean up the area where we will park. I got to get busy so i am getting off this thing for awhile. Will check in later, Dan Thanks again Sanjay!!