Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #239

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I am going to put this thing in the shop tomorrow. Its all stock and the cursor is blinking to the Hard Drive light and that makes it stick and hang!! Plus, Its Just a royal POS! Talk when ever, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #240

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sanjay, Its fixed!!! they overwrote the xp pro program and repaired it in about 5 minutes!! I still have to make a backup of my files and I would love a copy of the OS too!! How many floppy discs would I need to do it As CD's will not. This thing has a dvd-rom only.......POOP!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #241

Kosher????.Did someone say Kosher???.Man seems I can never be where I am needed at the right time.LOL
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #242

So how is the celebration of your miracle of choice going for you this year, Fleamarketer?

I say that because there are so many miracles to celebrate, and just about every faith has one at this time of year. Be well, and Shalom. (Particularly at this time of year)

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #243

Mine for this yr????.Get the RV done.Yeah right,Oh well.LOL
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #244

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep! It will happen, Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #245

Next step in the rebuild: new sink fixture in the galley. Th3e old one has been . . .Ummmm. . ."annoying" me from day one. Not only is it old and corroded, but it leaks, and the neck binds going back and forth, and the neck is so low to the sink that I have trouble washing pots and pans. I was out shopping with the harbormaster and I found one (a bar type with a high curved neck) that would work, but I wanted to check annother store to see if they had the same thing cheaper, or perhaps with a slightly better neck. . .

Boy was I glad I waited! the next store had one that billed itself as a laundry sink fixture (everything that billed itself as kitchen had 8" centers (the space between the holes for hot and cold), while my sink had 4" centers. This means that I could not use a standard kitchen faucet, but needed something that called itself something different. The "laundry faucet" that I fouond, however has a pull out hose in the neck (spout) that allows me to wash larger items easily. Add to this that the neck (spout) is also higher in general than the old one, so I will likely not need to use the hose function except for very large pots. On top of all this, the construction is a lot better than I expected, being all brass where the water runs, and chromed steel elsewhere.

The problem is that it takes three holes (one in the center), while my sink just has the two. I will be drilling and grinding out a center hole for the hose to go through when my neighbor wakes up. I'll post a few pics as well if you want them.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #246

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
...The "laundry faucet" that I found, however has a pull out hose in the neck (spout) that allows me to wash larger items easily... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have that type (but in a regular kitchen faucet). I do like mine (push "button" to switch from stream to spray). I have found I need to have really good water pressure to get a decent spray, otherwise I get just a weak spray. Lesson learned from this.... I want regular "house" pressure for the bus!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #247

Lorna,
Good to see your post.I've missed you and the hubbies input.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #248

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorna:

I have found I need to have really good water pressure to get a decent spray, otherwise I get just a weak spray. Lesson learned from this.... I want regular "house" pressure for the bus! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is "house" pressure, and will the RV waterlines hold it without damage?How do I get that with a water-hose input?

Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #249

Standard "house" pressure is usually about 45 -60 lbs. Most house type plumbing fixtures and washers/dishwashers tend to work at the 40 lb range okay. I have NEVER gotten water pressure that high in a campground. I have heard of some folks saying they did... Old RV plumbing probably wouldn't hold up to that kind of pressure. Some of the RV water pumps will pump 40 lbs of water pressure. I wouldn't want to run a water hose long term on standard house pressures. When using a hose connected to a house, we usually turn the water off the hose and relieve the pressure to prevent the hose being damaged.

For the bus, I will install 100lb holding tank for fresh water and use a demand pump to feed water to sinks, shower, single dishdrawer and clothes washer. This stint in the Class C has really helped with the ideas of what I want in the bus and how I will do it.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #250

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Lorna, Thats what regulators are for! Out here pressures can exceed 200 psi and or drop to 25 psi. A regulator will save the hose and water lines by keeping the water pressure under 50 psi. FYI.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #251

Question is has anyone re-did the RV water lines with metal lines like a house and heat tape?.(yeah still in the soon to be frozen Roch NY.Going into the teens soon.Brrrr.)I have the wall out where the shower head would hang and was thinking of putting in medal lines and regular valves.I love a really strong very hot shower.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #252

The two problems I see with that are weight, and flexation. As you go down the road, the coach flexes just a little bit, but it is enough to break the lines over a very short time. You would spend all of your time repairing the lines that broke. . .