Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Try the new link! I think ya will like that.
Hey Sanjay R, Hows it going?

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #30

Yes, much easier to view, but I only find five photos? And where did you get those jacks? or did they come with the rig? I wonder what the lifting capacity is on them?

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
The ones on the front under the bumper are Bal's. I'm replacing the front ones as the owner before me left out the pins and they bounced up and down with all the bumps and that kinda put a screeching halt to the fronts! The back ones are ok and they are supposed to be able to handle 5000 pds a corner. They cost 600. + for the fronts and another 600 for the rears.$1200. fpr the leveling system you crank up and weigh less than 60 pounds for the fronts. The back ones are a bit longer armed and weigh more but still under 100 pds. Most people want HWH or Big Foot but they weigh around 5-600 pounds for the motor,pump jacks and all the hoses and connectors etc.Also they cost around 3000. for the set of three,more for 4! Also more weight!!
I don't know about your health but mine needs some exercise to help keep the weight off! I'm down to 230 and still losing!! I need to get down to 180 but I'd be happy to be around 210 to 220, I don't care what that quack says!! Hey, I was up to 325 after quiting smoking! I have been on a rollercoaster ride since! I was down to 195 about three years ago and then went up to 250. Last fall I was up to 272 and I was feeling it too! At Christmas, I got my first good news, 245! it went up and down thru the holidays and then back to losing again.
I don't know about you but cranking the levelers up and down is a good thing!!S is hiking!One of the sponsors of this forum got me a price for class a motorhome fronts with shipping for around $600. Thats the fronts, And included the shipping to Arizona. Can't be that much more to where you are at! I was looking for the pm Mrs Mik sent me but it doesn't show me the price. I muct have got it on the forum site.
Hope you are doing better and will check that for you if you are interested, Capt. Dan
Old 05-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
SanjayR, I found the message. $620 Drop shipped to me from Indiana. Thats the fronts and The rears are almost the same. I'm going to try and get the link here so you can see them.

http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products/consumer/index.htm

Hope this works, Dan
It works so click on the link and then on the main page click on QTG levelers.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
SanjayR, Click on the link that says capt Dan and Tweets public gallery, It opens up the different albums I have posted there. You should be able to see around 12 different albums. I'm still trying to get rid of all the doubles and post what the picture shows.
Enjoy your job and Lorna, Hello there, Capt.Dan
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #34

Check out www.jcwhitney.com those are the folks that I bought my scissor jacks for the pop-up from (cheaper than anywhere else for the same thing) and I recently bought our fresh water tank from them too (got to get it installed SOON!). They have a lot of stuff the RV places have but cheaper. And usually with purchases over $75 you get free shipping (you would have to click on a link to get the shipping code). These are the same folks that we bought the Firestone Ryde-Rite air bags for our class C from. No one else would even list an RV as old as ours.

BTW, I use a large rachet and socket to crank down my BAL stabilizing jacks on the rear of the Class C. Sure beats those wimpy cranks BAL sends and much faster.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
500 pds vs. 5000pds,No contest!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #36

Look again!!! 5,000 lb capacity! The ZX482057B (front) unit is BAL's SJ1 Leveling System and the ZX482058P is BAL's SJ2 Leveling system.
Only thing that I can see wrong may be that there is one center mount stabilizer jack for the front. I like the 2 unit one better (rear). I have 2 seperate BAL scissor jacks on the rear our our Class C already.

BTW, These are not reccomended for Class A motorhomes!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
The BAL QTG are for Class A and C's. And they Cost more. Only one drawback, Can't be used on a basement model!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
I only saw the same picture for the front and back, a single jack. The qtg are not scissor jacks! If ya look at the front pictures it shows the jack comes out from one side and you just crank it till you have it where you want it! I'm surprised to see a scissor jack that can handle 5000 pds. Must be a monster of a jack. The ones that came off of mine were 3/16th" or 1/4" steel. The screw that cranks it down is about 5/8" or maybe 3/4". I wouldn't want a single anyway.
These are a lighter version of the qtg model. Can't get it to link. I think they are having problems! Check the second page for browse more products. it shows what I may have had and is close to what I'm getting. Mine is 5000pds a corner!Thats 20,000pds!! It's over kill but the first time I end up on a hill and the front tires almost have to come off the ground to level I won't be wondering if it will hold! I usually drive up on a couple of blocks but if you are there for a couple of months the tire weight will punch the tire blocks down and the levelers were still holding it level somehow. At least that is what happened to it in Texas one time. One other time a Micro Burst came up and tried to flip over our coach with the awning out,The awning let go and the coach came back down hard that did the levelers in on the front. They held but bent and I had to take them off to come home. It bent the drivers side when the unit was being picked up and then when it dropped back on the passenger side it got that one too!
I have no idea just how high it got but I woke up standing on the wall at the foot of the bed!!
Anyway that is why the back ones were saved, they were cranked up at the time as only the fronts was down. I don't want to do that again...Ever!! Thats been the main reason I havn't replaced the awning. I may try one of those electric ones with the wind gage on it. Maybe?? Anyway, have a good one, Capt.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey SanjayR, How goes the battle?
Lorna, How goes your move? Hope you both are having fun!! I'm about to start on the engine again. Just need the wind to back off for awhile! Thats about all from me. I will check in later, Dan
Old 05-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #40

Capt an, sent you PM, been down with back problems (migraine included). Talk to y'all later when back from the fringes.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hope ya start feel'in better soon!! Check in later, Capt.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #42

Here is me wandering back in from the wilderness. . .

Thanks for the info on the jacking systems. I'm looking for one that cranks with a hex head, so I can drive it with an electric impact driver

'course this is all moot until I get more cash. *sigh* I earned 1200 this month with the two jobs I did. Why do I only have 50 in the bank and 200 in cash that I'm saving for a special event early next month?!? Where did the rest of it go? I do know that a lot of it was eaten up in commuting, and I did have to replace my phone that drifted off west somewhere, but really! give me a break people!! OK, I did buy a few toys, and a tool or two. I guess that did the rest of it in.

OK, I got something strange happening with my black tank. ususlly, when it starts to smell, that is an indication that it is time to dump it. but the last three times that I dumped it, the odor did not go away. I'm using Campa Chem and recently added Oxy Kleen to the mix. Is there something else that I should be doing, or some other product that works better?

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote