Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #57

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry about the tie-up on those expressways. Thats why I always try the 'back' roads when I can.
I didn't do much of anything today,My cousin came over and her car needed a tuneup and the A/c needed a drink so I helped her out. They are in early 20's and no boyfriends or if some of them did help then they want something in return, Ya know where I'm going with that. I get a hug and a thanks and I send them down the highway, Knowing that the vehicle is safe to drive. Since there dads are not around, I get to play "dad". There Mother is around my are but she and my aunt get me before doing anything to the vehicles and I usually do the work and they just get the parts needed. I have become a "Big Brother" or a "Step Dad" of sorts. I don't mind and they save the money and that gives me something to do. Have a safe time and I will catch up with you later, Capt Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #58

As for the "boyfriends" that "want something in return" I have a cure: Take a dull serrated knife and remove the incentive to ask. . .

I have a 14 year old daughter that is just entering High School this fall. Time for me to purchace a Katana and a sharpening kit. When the prospective boyfriend comes over to pick her up for a date, I will be sharpening the sword wearing a loincloth. "If you make my daughter cry, I make you cry". . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah buddy, I know where you are coming from!! I should have done that with my 29 year old girl...
How did the trip go there buddy? Things OK? Hope things went ok. I will tomorrow start up the engine and shift the gears a little and see if I have any knocks or taps anywhere or leaks?? If all is good I will shut down and Friday, I can start putting all the good stuff on the front of the engine and get the radiator and all the coolers, Fans and all that stuff!! It has been over two years that the nose has been off. It will be nice to get that all together and see how it is on the road.
Well,Take care and I will check in later, Capt.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #60

You guys sound like my father did when I started dating!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Did it help???
Old 06-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #62

OK, there is a very simple reason that fathers are protective of teenage girls:
We have been teenage boys.

That aside, I did not have a trip to go on recently, so I expect that you were commenting on my expectations of what I5 north out of LA would have been like (a parking lot). as for being careful te onlything I have that is drivable is my toad ( can I call it that before I have ever towed it?) which holds the road like it is bolted to it.

On Felicity, my current projects are to install the grey tank valve, and repair the tank level sensors and monitoring panel. I also need to figure out why I have low water pressure inside.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
That water pump is most likely an old pump and they do wear out. If the pump motor is good, You can get a kit for the pump, or you can get a new pump. Hang in there, It does get better,or so they say! Capt Dan
Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #64

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Well, Did it help??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it did... what my parents didn't know then, they still don't know! I was very good at keeping secrets and answering a question while not answering the question.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well look'in back, You didn't get pregnant! I wasn't as lucky. So much for marriage!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #66

I dated the same neighbourhood boy for 3 years (we had known and played with each other since we were born). Broke up for good during my first year of college. He is on his second marriage. I am on my first. We were good as friends but brought out the worst in each other as anything more. But I did learn from him that I need to chose a hubby that I would want also as a friend.

Ialways said that I would never get married or have kids (Pill)... I got married at 19 and had twins! God has a wicked sense of humour.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, I always said he was a twin of Don Rickles! Seems to have that same slant on life. I never married any of my childhood gals but waited till after I had come back from the service and met June. She was a water sign, I'm a earth sign and together, we made MUD!! I'm not to sure why Tweet and I have made it so well as we never made anything except our home. She has two and I had two all from prior marriage and we now only have contact with one and she is kinda hit and miss. My youngest was the one who caused a lot of damage to our MH and loss of tools and stuff last year!She was wearing out the welcome before that, but anyway thats water over the dam at this point. Capt.Dan
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey, Sanjay, You have'in a lot of smoke up that way?? Those fires are kinda close, yes?? I hope things are getting better up that way!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #69

Well, they are closer than NM, but not endangering me in any way at this point. . .Something like 160 miles away? Takes about three hours to drive it, if the roads were not all closed into the area. . .

Instead, I have been working on water issues. I replaced the fixture in the shower/tub, as I could not get it to divert enough to give me good pressure to the shower head. When I put the new fixture in, I looked at the diverter and saw that the hole was way tiny, and that the old one was the same way. I drilled this to be the same size as the opening in the shut off valve, and that seems to have helped a lot. There is a bit of framing that makes it a real tight fit to get the water line on the cold side, but I chipped some of that away. I'll have to do a proper cut later, which will be a project in itself! Perhaps when I remove the base cabinets from my cabin to redesign them. Probably just make the hole bigger so the hoses fit without cutting into the framing. I want to turn the base cabinet into a desk/"chest of drawers" combo, so I can mount a "desktop" computer to it. I have the computer itself all picked out already and all the software I will need for it. Now I just need the monitor and a place to put it. In other news, I'm tracing the wires, and (hopefully) fixing the problem with the monitor panel in that it does not show any of the tank levels. This means that I have to peek down the toilet to see if the black tank needs to be dumped, or go by smell. Both are unacceptable. I will fix the gauges first. ****, I'll *replace* them first. . . Tried to start the main engine today, and got no action out of the starter. I'll have to trace that down as well. Probably not this month though. Right now, I'm just trying to fix the things that do not cost money as that is a scarce commodity at this point.

In other news I'm fostering a car for my sister while she undergoes a housing transition, possably moving closer to me as a result. Sasha (the cat) is living quite happily here, and gives me thoughts of getting my own cat sometime in the near future. It is a lot less lonely here with a living thing sharing my space.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #70

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear from ya, o'le top!! You are getting along with that buggy! I think I will take a trip before ya though. If I can get the things done I need to do, I will be headed north! Thinking Wisconsin! Going to some of our friends and get more work done and then I want to go Fishing!!!