Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #71

OK, I'm doing the new fridge happydance right now!! the old one was a thorn in my side since the day I first put power to this rig. Just about big enough to fit under a bar, the thing had a freezer about the size of a decent three ring binder. . .
At that, it also had about an inch and a half of ice at all times around the freezer shell. Nothing ever froze, because if you turned the temp down enough for the freezer to work, *everything* froze. I was chipping the ice around the shell last night as it was annoying me greatly. I got to close, and the li'll bugger died a very quick death. I went out and got the unit from the local hardware store that I had my eye on. I cut back the cabinet a bit and the unit fits perfectly!! (OK, the face section of the cabinet that holds the fridge needs to be re-done, but that comes later). I'll put pics up later tonight. In the meantime, my Mother In Law has injured her foot and needs me to rush my daughter out to take care of her. *sigh* I guess there go my plans for the 4th. . . Mom will likely be immobile for at least a week.

As for who takes a trip first, you were always going to win that one, as it will be a couple of years before I'm even *close* to ready to even think about taking this rig on any kind of trip. ****, I couldn't even haqndle the gas for a trip at this point, and the engine needs work first, as well as the coach shell and floors, then there is registering it, getting all the inspections done, getting insurance, installing a tow bar on Emily, etc. . . No, I'm making this an immobile home at this point, it will be mobile later.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
While you are doing that war dance, do a rain dance for us too!! I have nut, I must be doing something wrong?? It ain't raining!! Hang in there buddy, have a good forth!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #73

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
OK, I'm doing the new fridge happydance right now!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what does that look like?? Inquiring minds and confused individuals want to know Well, atleast I do... or do I?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #74

Vintage RV Owners Club
???????
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #75

Well, there will be pictures shortly. . .

Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #76

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pictures???
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #77

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey SanjayR, You said pictures?? How is things going for you? Come to think,Have you heard from Lorna?? I'm not doing to great right now.I burnt my ring finger and Today, I have a migraine, so I decided to put things off till tomorrow. I have some sanding and primer to finish and I can paint! Maybe tomorrow if there is no rain! I painted last evening and it don't look to bad, I only saw one run and that was on the bottom of those rails. They still need a second coat! I will wet sand before the second coat and see if that helps smooth things out where that run is. I guess thats about it for now. Will check in late, Capt.Dan
Old 07-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #78

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...Have you heard from Lorna??... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still here. Been bondo-ing the walls and pulled the front grill to repair (fiberglass rusted out metal) and repaint. Of course it's been raining here... little storms just enough to mess up painting. Also had to stay off the phones the last couple of days. Anna left NM heading home to NC. Made good time. Rolled into Franklin around midnight last night... Guess she was pretty homesick. We head up there for a couple of days next weekend. Got almost all the d!@#$ vinyl striping off the walls. Hopefully I can get the RV section completely primed & repainted before heading up to TN. Got the engine insulation ordered tonight. That WILL BE DONE before I drive this thing up to TN. The heat coming back from Chattanooga was unbearable.

If I ever get this thing finished, maybe I will take a picture or two and post it...
Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #79

Vintage RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...Have you heard from Lorna??... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still here. Been bondo-ing the walls and pulled the front grill to repair (fiberglass rusted out metal) and repaint. Of course it's been raining here... little storms just enough to mess up painting. Also had to stay off the phones the last couple of days. Anna left NM heading home to NC. Made good time. Rolled into Franklin around midnight last night... Guess she was pretty homesick. We head up there for a couple of days next weekend. Got almost all the d!@#$ vinyl striping off the walls. Hopefully I can get the RV section completely primed & repainted before heading up to TN. Got the engine insulation ordered tonight. That WILL BE DONE before I drive this thing up to TN. The heat coming back from Chattanooga was unbearable.

If I ever get this thing finished, maybe I will take a picture or two and post it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh,You having fun too!! Same as ever with me. This hasn't been good week! I'm wondering what mirror I shattered?? You got to be cook'in over there in the swamp lands! I was hoping that SanjayR would do a good rain dance but he must have left for??? Probably busy with the kid. I hope this week gets better!!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #80

well, it is trying to look like it will. . .
Not doing well personally, so I'm having trouble beliveing it. Will post more when I'm better (and that includes the pictures)

Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #81

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think you did that rain dance right as we no have rain!!! Thanks! Hope you get things going your way soon, Later, Capt.Dan
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #82

I think you did that rain dance right as we now have rain!!! Thanks! Hope you get things going your way soon, Later, Capt.Dan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the way I'm feeling, if it was done right, it was not done by me. I posted in the dusty thread what was going on. It will be a while before I get too much more done on this rig.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
SanjayR, You need to take it easy and get a hug from someone you know that will not take over the situation. I know that it sounds strange but the saying goes,"God don't make junk!" That includes you!!!! So give yourself a hug and get to work. Another one I like a lot is " don't let anything come that you and I can't handle together". Another is "One day at a time". You have most likely heard these before but they sometimes make me feel better. Another that comes to mind is "the footsteps in the sand" I have a copy on the wall. I have had this one for over 18 years now. Hang in there buddy!! It does get better!! Capt.Dan
Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #84

I am alive. Considering how I have been feeling lately, that is fairly impressive in itself. I had a couple of friends that really dug in and kept an eye on me while I rode out this latest round of c**p that I went through. That gave me the safety I needed as a backup. The promised pictures are up, so have a look. Here are a couple that I'll include as teasers. . .

The old
And the new