Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #113

I have a cordless dremel that is great for tight places and places that I can't get into with a corded unit (downside is short battery life). What I usually use are the dremel tools on my little trim router. Down side to it is I have to use a rather hefty cut-off wheel since the "dremel" cut off wheels aren't made to spin that fast!

We all make stupid mistakes at some time.... middle fingertip of my left hand... on my table saw (it really wasn't that bad but one of my kids fainted ... twice ).
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #114

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ouch!! I was cutting some yellow pine boards and as i was pushing the boards thru the other guy was pulling them, suddenly I was at the end of the board and I was starting to turn to grab another board and I got knocked to the ground by a piece of wood that split and came back at me! Took a rib out!! A 1/2" up or down and I wouldn't be here to tell the tale!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #115

Vintage RV Owners Club
SanjayR, I hope things are better for you! Its been one of those Friday the 13th days! The driveshaft decided to go a.w.o.l, and it will be all new by Friday. I went to the coach at Road-Runner rv today and gave them the antenna for the router that we use to connect with! They found some inside water damage so that is being fixed too! I just ain't up to doing much of anything. My left shoulder is trying to drive me to death!! Feels like there is a poker and it is sharp on the end and everytime I try and do anything it jabs me right in the lower right shoulder blade!! The doc's say all I have to do is turn the wrong way and I can hurt myself... I didn't ask what if I took my driveshaft to have it replaced!! Anyway, hope it is going well for you!! See you later, Capt.Dan
Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #116

Well, I got the floor in place. . .mostly. there is something pushing up on it in one corner, and I need to shave a smidge (that is a technical specification) off of one side as it is so tight in there that I have to hammer it down into place almost. In the meantime, my head is ******** with me, and I end up figuring that if anything is done right *ever* it is not being done by me. These are old tapes that have been beaten into me, and I end up waiting to the beating that goes along with making any kind of mistake at all. Anyone wanna guess why I'm on Disability? *sigh*

Anyway, the floor is *almost* there. I have the hole for the pipe cut, and I had to drill holes to go over two lag bolts. when I get the floor to the point that it will go flat, I'll put a couple of screws (like 4 or so) in to hold it, then I'll put the tile down.

Edited Language.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #117

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ever hear of "a piece at a time"?? Someone reminded me of that about a month and a half ago!
She said that the rv was like Johnny Cashes song!
Some days I get that feeling!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #118

Jhonny Cash's song? You mean the one where he takes a Cadillac out one bit at a time and builds it in his garage?

Old 08-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #119

Vintage RV Owners Club
yep! LK, teases me with that song! She says that our coaches remind her of that song. Go figure???
Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #120

I may disappear for a bit. Not doing too good. when my flow of thought gets censored . . . And the thing is, I was trying to keep it clean. . .

Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #121

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hang in there buddy! It will get better!!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #122

Well I figured that I had better post something as Cap is getting close to twice as many posts as I have again. . .

Problem is that I don't have a lot of progress to report at this point as my anxiety problems have been interfering a lot lately. You can usually tell that is happening when my language starts sounding like it comes straight from the black tank (how's *that* for not using bad words and still getting the point across. . .)

Yes, Cap, it does get better. And it gets worse. The problem is that I'm spending a lot more time with it being worse lately than with it being better. The place I'm in (emotionally) is worse that it has been in over 5 years now.

As far as tejh rig is concerned, I'm within inches of having the bathroom floor finished, and I have decided to give the same treatment to the galley and entryway. That will improve the looks and feel of the place enough that perhaps I'll be able to pull out of this pit and start living again, instead of just surviving it.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #123

well it is about {thinly disguised F word}ing time. . .

The floor in the head (bathroom) is patched, and the patch covered (tiled). Pictures to follow soon. At least now I can look at my head floor and not want to puke, also I do not get seasick sitting on the head itself (it was *very* tippy, seeing as only one side of it had support). I feel loads better, now that that is done. I may even cover the floor in the galley with the leftover tile and glue. I'll also be elevating teh outside stepstool, and perhaps tiling the entryway. The tile looks *that* good. This project actually gives em an idea of what the new deck will look like when I take on the *big* redecking project. To say that I'm pleased with the results would be a criminal understatement. Tomorrow, I clean off all the excess glue, then call the job finished. I'll post a few links when I get the pics uploaded.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #124

Vintage RV Owners Club
I got my wisdom teeth yanked out today and I'm enjoying a legal buzz....
Glad ya got the floor done in the bathroom. Whats next????
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #125

What's next is likely putting down tile in the galley and entryway. Here are a couple of links for you. . .

The begining of the story

The end of the story

Choose the direction you want to go. YOu should be able to go from pic to pic from either of these links.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nice Job Buddy!!!! You keep catching up to me,hear??? I cheated some on mine but there is still room for the on-hands touch!! I hope that we have the coach back by next weekend. Maybe with luck.