Hey, I thought I would create a post about my motor home that I purchased last week. It's a 1979 Chevy G30(1ton) chassis with what I think is an 18'? Mobile Traveler coach. It needs lots of work but that will be part of the fun.
So far, I've found that the fridge doesn't work with AC power and that the ceiling cardboard material needs replaced. I found some soft spots on the rear lower walls that I will be repairing asap, I also removed the old Coleman furnace because it looked unsafe, not sure what I'm going to do for replacement heat yet. It has a newer LP/AC powered hot water heater and water pump and as far as I can tell all the plumbing is functional and in good condition. The motor is a 350 carb'd Chevy, it runs and drives very well for the year and doesn't have any leaks that I can find, it has 45k original miles. Here are a couple pics when I got it home, it will be changing alot in the near future.
iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!
Thought I'd update my progress on the MT. I haven't had a ton of time to work on it but I have done a few things. I started inside, tore some stuff out and then kind of put that on hold to work on getting the outside fixed up and make sure I didn't have any leaks.
I found a soft area on the bottom rear wall and had to tear out and rebuild that, wasn't too hard. Also replaced the old roof vent with new, removed the decades worth of caulk and silicones smeared on the roof around everything, resealed with poly caulk and painted with roof coating. We had a real big rain yesterday and no visible leaks.
I started working on the outside, filled some holes in the siding, removed old caulk and primed the coach body. That's as far as I've gotten for now but here are some pics.
Oh, I also was able to verify that the roof AC does work well. It was warm enough this past weekend for it to kick on and lower the temperature inside 5 degrees in a short time(air coming out was much colder than outside air also).