Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

1981 Winnie Warrior shower

We are considering the remodeling of the bath room area on a 1981 Winnie Warrior.Well really the whole inside of the M/H.I was thinking I was just going to add a skylight to add some height to the really short shower.This is the only home in my whole life I have ever owned.The apartment I live in has a small shower and as I think back that is one thing I hate.So to start here is a copy of the floor plan for my M/H.

What I was going to do anyways was to delete the top bunk on the left side and build dresser drawers where the top bunk would be.To the back of the M/H is the bathroom and the shower is to the left of the bathroom door.So I was thinking the shower wall needs replacing anyways. If I where to move the frig forward and delete the closet by the side entrance,that would give me space to move the bottom bunk forward so I could extend the bathroom wall all the way to the side of the M/H making the shower larger.Then do a larger skylight over the larger shower. Kohler makes a high end shower for houses that has nozzles on the walls of the showers the are height adjustable and a hand held shower head.Now there is no way I could afford to buy the exact shower because the parts for that is in the range of $4,000.Ouch!!. I do think I build something close to it through. Now I don't know if the newer M/H's have showers like that.Two things I do think I would need is a water pump that would give me enough pressure and a hot water heater that would almost limitless hot water.I would hard pipe the shower and it's elements. It's that those things I need you guys advise. Please and Thank You, Gary
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Anything is possible. If you want a bigger shower you can make a bigger shower. Where do y'all sleep. Or is it just one?

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #3

Just me.That is why it is possible to move the bottom bunk forward.Really don't want to deal with making up the kitchen table each night.

How do you get endless hot water??.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #4

Tap-tap-tap.this thing on??.Oh gezzzz guys alittle help here.

As far as the hot water I am surely talking about being hooked up to city water at a camp grounds.Maybe using some sort of a version of a tank less hot water heater??.Again I don't know anything about the newer motor homes and what their capacities are for hot water.

The same thing for a water pump just for the shower I want.Whats out there for more volume first and then more pressure??.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The absolute hands-down best shower head is an Oxygenics BodySpa. It will take your weak and weinie water pressure and turn it into a satisfying shower experience (there now, do I sound like an advertisement?).

Most rv water heaters are 6 or 10 gallon. If you like really, really long showers, a 10 gallon will produce all the hot you need. We find that our 6 gallon is adequate for standard showering for the two of us and more than ample if we take Navy showers.

Other people have installed the tankless systems, but I've heard mixed reviews on them in RV applications.

Do you intend to travel in your RV at all? It sounds more like this is a stationary tiny-house kind of plan. Because what is feasible in a stationary application that never moves and is hooked up to sewer and city water pressure is going to be difficult when you are limited by the size of your fresh-water and gray tanks, as well as your water pump pressure.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry Gary, I missed this one! You can kick me when u get down this way. If you do take really long showers the 10 gallon water heater would be best but i have the 6 gallon water heater with the direct spark and has a water heater 110 v pipe heater installed. It has been able to keep the water real hot and haven't run out of hot water yet. As for the shower, It should work for you. I would get a larger water tank for fresh water and you may have to also get a bigger gray water tank too! I replaced two and fixed the third tank but wished i had replaced that one tank instead of having it welded. Deb and i can both last with one tank a week. Used to have to refill every other day or so. They make a 7.? something like that for the water pump. It says pulse-less water and better volume as well. I am wanting to keep up with that rebuild on the bathroom. Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #7

Thanks guys.Anyone else??
Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have you figured out how to do it yet?? Hope you have more of a idea of how to do it. Dan
Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #9

Going to have to do more demolition inside to see how the wall is layout is for moving the frig forward.That would involve cutting a new access opening door outside and welding closed the one that is there,and the same thing for the roof vent for the frig.So I have to look at the roof bows and how the frig frame would fit forward.The lesser of the two being the frig frame because of a update to a larger frig anyways.At one point I has the frig disconnected because it is shot and the gases escaped.Inside it almost knocked me out.Came really close to calling 911.Dangerous stuff for sure.A much better game plan has to be in place before I attempt that again.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ouch!! Glad you are ok!! Mine was really funny. They say you can smell the gas when it leaks. Not ours.... Didn't notice it till things started getting not as cold. Hope you can figure out how to do it. Dan
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #11

Ammonia fumes are nasty.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, Don't have a reason as to why the fumes didn't come into the home?? Lucky i guess....
Old 11-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #13

Dan it did come into the house.I was able to recover outside.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, I was referring to me and our fridge.Glad you didn't expire on us!

Tags
shower