Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Question 1982 Jamboree Rallye chassis??

I need to do some work on my rv, and I am trying to figure out what kind of chassis the fleet wood jamboree rallye is built on. I'm fairly new to rv'ing, and the previous owner didn't have any info. Can anyone help, or sort me to a resource where I could find out? I have asked at local rv dealers but they don't have vintage info, and fleetwood's manual online doesn't state specs.
I'm looking to replace the solenoid or /and solid state isolator to try to fx a battery charging issue. The chassis battery doesn't hold a charge and will die while driving. It's a new battery, replaced twice, and I also replaced the alternator. If anyone has any other ideas for this issue, I'd appreciate hearing them. Nothing more frustrating that having a rv you can't take anywhere! thanks!

Mike2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Mike and Welcome to the Forum!

It should be very easy to identify the chassis make. Look at the middle of the front grille. Bowtie for Chevy or a blue oval for Ford (or possibly Dodge but I think they were out of the RV game by then). Same thing on the center of the steering wheel.

Don't bother finding an "Owner's Manual" for the coach. They usually contain very generic information. Start finding the identification tags for all the appliances and systems, Furnace, fridge, water heater, etc. You should be able to find those service manuals online. This web site should get you started.

Service Documents and Manuals

Depending on what chassis you have under that coach you can probably find an Owner's or Service chassis manual online too. Look for the van chassis manual.

Sorry, but I don't have any obvious answers for your charging problem other than to check and clean ALL connections. Then try to temporarily bypass extra wiring and isolators, etc. to get it down to basics (battery & alternator only) and see if it will charge.

Best of Luck!
1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB 36' w/slide.
Ford F53/460 chassis, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee "toad"
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote

chassis, rally