Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #1

1983 Tiffin Allegro exhaust manifold

I have a 1983 Tiffin Allegro with a 454 engine. The exhaust manifold is cracked. Does anyone know what I would have to get a replacement manifold for? I would assume it would be for a Chevy truck. Am I correct? Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayv1023 View Post
I have a 1983 Tiffin Allegro with a 454 engine. The exhaust manifold is cracked. Does anyone know what I would have to get a replacement manifold for? I would assume it would be for a Chevy truck. Am I correct? Thanks.
Yep....Chebby 454 and with smog tubes probably.

Check out your local salvage cuz from Chebby stealors there a arm & leg price wise.....

Jim

Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I seem to recall hearing of some aftermarket manifolds that weren't as finicky as the stock ones... and that breathe better... and all sorts of other good stuff.

Hopefully someone with real experience of them will chime in.

InPursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by InPursuit View Post
I seem to recall hearing of some aftermarket manifolds that weren't as finicky as the stock ones... and that breathe better... and all sorts of other good stuff.

Hopefully someone with real experience of them will chime in.
I just what questions do you have?

Jim
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimElliott View Post
just what questions do you have?

Jim
just if my foggy recollection is correct or not.

(so far, knock wood, ptooie) I have no problems with my 454 exh manifold but I do know they have overheat and cracking issues. Is the aftermarket manifold part of a tuners kit like Banks?

but related to 454/P32 exhaust...
I recently had to cut out a substantial amount of exhaust pipe to make room for a rear trac bar. All seems mostly OK except the exhaust tone is louder. Q: Have I opened myself up to any trouble because of the mod?

Thanks

InPursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It sounds to me that your exhaust systen went over the rear axel and you had to chop it out for the trac bar correct?
Most of the RVs I've seen have the exhaust out front of the rear wheels which will a dab louder but no harm.

Jim