Been working on a makeover...got a few areas at or near completion.
Thought I'd share what I've done as far as ceiling and wall treatments.
Needless to say it had the usual peeling vinyl wallpaper...the cloth covering the valances in the bedroom was falling apart...the PO had removed the bathroom divider wall...they had been such heavy smokers that the odor could not be removed so I had to strip out the carpet - which was nasty anyway - and all upholstery. On the upside they had just installed a new refrigerator and mounted 6 new tires :~) Mechanically it's pretty good as well. I had to replace one exhaust manifold.
Anyway - I don't know how much farther I'll get before I have to put it away for winter so I thought I'd post this now.
The big project was changing from the sideways full size bed to twins. Not only did I have to make the new bed boxes but also re-locate the leveling jacks.
For the walls I used two different treatments. In the bedroom I applied heavy upholstery vinyl to the Luan using Weldwood spray adhesive. Up front I applied a thin plastic sheeting that has a textured surface - also using Weldwood adhesive. The sheeting is nice in that it's heavy enough to cover the walls and defects but thin enough to cut with shears. I should add that having done this I recommend removing the vinyl wallpaper entirely using a heat gun. It comes off easily and leaves a better surface.
On the ceilings I used white CoroPlast. Here I used both Weldwood adhesive and aluminum channel strips to mount the sections. For the section seams I used the white plastic panel joiners that they sell at HD. I cut them down to the face strip and spine which nests into the seam crack. That and contact cement has them up there very solidly. You'll see in the photos that I also replaced the brown plastic cove covers with black ABS in aluminum channels.
In the Kitchen I'm using natural CoroPlast which is semi transparent. My wife is experimenting with a background as you'll see in the photos.
The Kitchen cabinet is out...I've laminated black 1/8" ABS to the face and side. I'll mount the original oak doors but I've refinished them using Formby's to lighten them to more of a golden oak. I made a new counter top laminating Formica that has a honed - non reflective - finish. We're installing a new sink that's not as wide as the old twin bowl sink but which is deeper. We're keeping the original Cooktop/Oven combo. I hope to have all that in palace before winter.
I'm using Alure flooring but won't install till Spring so I can deal with the expansion issues more gradually.
So that's about it. Not much progress for the length of time I've put in. It's really amazing how long it takes to get anything done when nothing is flat, level or square. Add to that the problem of having to go in and out of the coach a dozen times for each task and time just oozes away