Okay so I guess I will post some pictures of the progress I've made on this trailer and what still needs to be done to it.
It's a 1993 trail-et 4 horse face to face trailer with a 4' tack on the front. It has a rear ramp and a side ramp (important feature for me). These trailers for there time I think were years ahead of the market with how they were made. It's a steel frame with aluminum skin and fiberglass roof all the walls are also insulated. I purchased it for $3000 plus my 2 horse straight load trailer I was selling. Even in the condition it was in I think I got a smokin deal. And of course I had the final product pictured in my head and most people though I was crazy because how is "this" going to turn into something that will turn heads. This was a few hours after picking it up, I also found out it had two broken windows and wasn't real happy that, that wasn't disclosed to me before driving 3 hours to buy it.
A few days later I started to tackle this project. I started stripping the paint off this beast. I think I ended up using about 5 gallons of stripper. This process was extremely cool and burnt the hell out of your hands if you weren't wearing gloves.
Once all the paint was removed the hardest part of the entire project was about to begin. Well it isn't hard it's soooooooo time consuming. Polishing. I used three different wheels with three different rouges and two passes with each wheel. I have a couple hundred hours in polishing.
It immediately starts getting shiny after the first pass.
I have tons of polishing pictures but here are a few.
I used chemical guys metal wax as the last step.
I picked up new wheels and tires for it off craigslist for $500 because those rusty old school steel rims weren't going to cut it. Tires and wheels were a year old with a couple hundred miles on them off of a toy hauler.
After I took a break from polishing my life away I got back at it and chopped the side ramp and back ramp off. The side ramp had to go because I wanted a full length ramp without the little door on top and the rear ramp had to go because I wanted it to be flush inside the trailer because I need to build a top section to completely enclose the trailer.
Then it was time to skin the ramps and install the back windows.
Then we got some paint on it.
After the paint dried I trimmed out the back in 2" aluminum flat stock, installed the 3/4" clear led marker lights and the clear led tail lights.
After I painted it I decided to close in the lower part of the neck so that's why there is a random white piece of sheet metal in the front.
Diamond plate installation to close in the neck.
It will be getting two doors, one that drops down and one that opens up.
And now we're all caught up. The two broken windows are being fixed as we speak and I also installed the radio antenna and the outdoor speakers.
Next post will explain what's left to do.